Hey guys!

I'm buying a new amp soon and after a few searches I've come across 3 that caught my eye:

1. Vox AC15VR
2. Fender Champion 100
3. Orange Crush 35 RT

My budget is something like 300 euros, 350 tops. Keep in mind that where I live it's kinda hard to find stores with a lot of options
I'm looking for something versatile that will allow me to play from metal to a bit of blues. Also something pedal friendly as a pedalboard will be my next project after the amp

Cheers!
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100
i would not recommend any of those three.

what kind of music are you looking to play?
can you buy from thomann?
how loud do you need to play?
is used OK?
etc.

we need more details.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup I play mainly metal but also some Pink Floyd style music, some blues. I'll have to buy from a store from my city because I have some store credit there, I can always check if they can get something out of their catalogue.
Was also looking into some small head + cab (something like a micro terror head or a blackstar 1H), don't really know which way would be better between that or a combo.
I play mainly at home, so I don't need a very loud amp, just something with a good tone for practice
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100
Look at these instead> Jet City, Laney Cub, Peavey Valve King

All three of the amps you listed will likely disappoint.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Cajundaddy in the laney cub, would you recommend a combo amp or a head + cab?
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100
Quote by thunderlolz
Cajundaddy in the laney cub, would you recommend a combo amp or a head + cab?

Mostly a fashion statement. I like combos but some players think they are not "real" amps unless you have a head cab. Totally your choice for BR jamming. The Cub is a pretty sweet sounding rig for the music you play. An OD pedal will probably be needed for Hi Gain Metal but they sound good.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jan 19, 2017,
Quote by Cajundaddy
Mostly a fashion statement. I like combos but some players think they are not "real" amps unless you have a head cab. Totally your choice for BR jamming. The Cub is a pretty sweet sounding rig for the music you play. An OD pedal will probably be needed for Hi Gain Metal but they sound good.
yeah I get the fashion statement part, the laney cub combos are pretty ugly imo
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100
The Laney Cub is a sleeper amp with old-school looks and modern tone. It is made to look like an old 50s Supro amp (Led Zeppelin I and II). Jet City is your friend, or one of the Laney Ironhearts. The IRT is a little beast!

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-LAN-IRT15H?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&scid=scplp12374883&sc_intid=LAN+IRT15H&gclid=CLT3tIfVztECFUpNfgodUE4EXQ

Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jan 19, 2017,
The Orange crush 35RT is solid amp. It's crazy loud for 1x12" SS combo. I owned the amp for over a year, I bought it for low volume bedroom practice, which it didn't do so great with. But once you crank it up the amp is truly impressive. I've had many people comment on the tone and overall sound level of such a small package. Add in that it has a tuner and reverb it makes for a solid straight forward amp.

It is solid state so it tends not to take OD pedals well with the overdrive channel, but I ran a TS808 thru it (with 1 gain, 5 tone, 9 volume) and it cleaned up the crunch/drive nicely.

Make no mistake this thing rocks and is well built.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
DirtFarmer that goes along the lines of the reviews I've been watching, but since you said it's not so good for bedroom practice maybe it's not the ideal for me
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100
Cajundaddy that ironheart looks sweet, but a bit over my price range, specially since I'd still need a cab
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100
Quote by thunderlolz
DirtFarmer that goes along the lines of the reviews I've been watching, but since you said it's not so good for bedroom practice maybe it's not the ideal for me

For me the issue with low bedroom volumes is the crunch sounds a bit muddy, it isn't until you crank it up that it really shines.

You're probably correct with your assessment.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
+1 jet city may be a nice option.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Any opinion on the new Boss Katanas? Came across them and seem pretty interesting
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100