I really want a schecter guitar but unfortunately I can not afford it yet.
The model is a production model since 2012 and it's still there but I was wondering by average how long do companies keep the same models.

Also if that's the matter in order to be still a production model since 2012(5years) yes it is probably a successful one.
Some models last 50 years some last one year.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
models tend to last as long as they sell well. once a model starts to sell poorly then more often than not it gets cancelled.
Usually for as long as there still exists demand.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Sometimes a factory closes and the models go away as well.
Happened in late 2011 with Japanese Jacksons. No one saw it coming, either.
Quote by DHF1234
I really want a schecter guitar but unfortunately I can not afford it yet.
The model is a production model since 2012 and it's still there but I was wondering by average how long do companies keep the same models.

Also if that's the matter in order to be still a production model since 2012(5years) yes it is probably a successful one.

Which one is it? Schecter cycles through several models every year that only last a year or two, but their most popular ones last quite a while.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6