Hey everyone so I'm looking into getting my first 7 string! I really like V guitars with 24 frets and a floyd. I was looking at the Jeff loomis V or the jeff loomis 7 string in vampyre red. I know a lot of people like the jl7 fr but what about the V? how is the quality? i really like low action and a fast neck for my small hands lol would appreciate some help and open to all suggestions.
What is your budget?

I would assume the quality of the V is very much the same as the JL7's.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
For used stuff, at $1000 the world is pretty much your oyster.

What can you get in your local area for that amount?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Are there any other specs you might like in particular such as the type of fretboard, the binding and woods etc.?

There's lots of 7 strings with Floyds for $1000 so you need to be specific.

I'm personally a big fan of the Jackson Pro series which you can get for about $900-$1100 depending on the model.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE
The last good Jacksons I've played were the RR3,RR24 and DKMG, I haven't been feeling the newer ones but this 7 string SLATXSD3-7 in violet looks amazing! I don't have much options available locally though. I'm going to try the Jeff Loomis 6 string tomorrow and if I like it I'll order the 7 string version, hopefully the neck isn't thicker. And as for specs I just like extreme shapes with fast necks and a good fretboard,24 frets and a floyd rose, really picky with the super strats they really gotta stand out to me.
There's the Jackson Corey Beaulieu XKV7 V or in the Rhoads shape the RRX24-7. Their thin necks are ideal for smaller hands.

For $1000, you might even be able to order a custom Agile Hornet if you don't go too crazy on options.