I have a peavey valveking 112 that does not have a headphone output.. Since I live in an apartment, what would I need to get to be able to practise through headphones?
something with a headphone jack.

vox amplug, line 6 pod, small ss practice amp, amplifire, kemper, irt studio, etc...

budget?
I don't really want to buy another practise amp.. Was hoping there were small handheld amplifiers that work just with headphones? Budget would be up to $200. Hoping for something I can run my pedal board through so I don't need the amp to have built in effects.

Looks like the vox amplug is what I'm looking for.. any other brands or recommendations for something like that?
Last edited by babysmasher at Jan 21, 2017,
I'd get a used multi-fx with a headphone jack. At least that way you could still plug it into the amp when you get the chance.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
That is how I practise right now... would just like to be able to turn the volume up louder sometimes without pissing off my neighbours
babysmasher maybe just buy a mic, and then send your quiet amp guitar tone into your computer and listen on headphone then. Best of both worlds...
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
then just find a used line 6 pod 2.0 (bean style) or newer. they can be had used for as low as $50 and are great for bedroom practice.
Quote by 8Len8
babysmasher maybe just buy a mic, and then send your quiet amp guitar tone into your computer and listen on headphone then. Best of both worlds...

That's pretty difficult to do actually. The low volume of the amp doesn't get picked up by the mic well, then you have to turn it up louder and you get background noise n shit. Sounds worse in the headphones than just listening to the quiet amp.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by gregs1020
then just find a used line 6 pod 2.0 (bean style) or newer. they can be had used for as low as $50 and are great for bedroom practice.

Ditto Korg Pandoras, Boss Micro-BRs, a slew of Tascam products and probably more from other manufacturers. Some MFX units likewise have jacks, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'll add a few more options.

Amp sims on the computer - you can get started down this path for very little money. Peavey ReValver gives you a ValveKing and tubescreamer for free - full versions. It's stand alone and all you need is some sort of interface - an instrument to USB cable (like RockSmith) or a stand alone box.

Or

Get one of the newer mini heads that have headphone out jacks that are good/decent. Peavey has the ValveKing, Classic, and 6505 in MH versions with a supposedly much improved headphone feature. Laney has the IronHeart IRT-Studio with the same features but 3 full channels and a bunch of goodies. Get a 112 cab or run these through the speaker or power section of the amp you have if you keep it.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
metalmingee Thanks, been liking the idea of the mini heads as I've been looking for a recording interface as well.. Do you know if it's possible to plug a mic into the head and record through it? Would like to get one more suited for blues.
babysmasher
Check out the Peavey Classic 20MH. There is a DI output and USB. You don't need an external mic.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .