So I just bought a Schecter Hell raiser from my buddy less than a week ago and it sounded all good until this morning when I first picked it up, the best description I can make of the sound is like the distortion was being smothered by a man in a trench coat, and even on clean it still put out an awful lot of distortion. I checked all of the connections on my amp and cable to make sure that wasn't the issue, and then plugged in my other guitars (which sounded fine) So, the best conclusion I can come to is that it is the after market emg's that are the issue. Now, I can play, but when it comes to technical issues with guitars, I have the mental capacity of a 3 year old, if any of you can give me some advice on what limited information I can offer you, that would be appreciated, thanks.
Too many motards...
Did you leave the guitar plugged in?

Start by replacing the 9V battery. The battery is active when you plug a cable into the guitar. When you are finished playing, unplug the cable from the guitar.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
metalmingee your probably right, I leave my other schecter plugged in when I'm done and didn't think anything of it, thanks for the advice.
Too many motards...
you bought emgs first off, thats your issue haha, jk theyre active pups, swap out the battery
Youtube: Musishoon
Quote by SynysterGecko
So, the best conclusion I can come to is that it is the after market emg's that are the issue.

EGGs aren't aftermarket in that guitar. They are OEM. And as others have said, change your battery and don't leave the guitar plugged in when you are not playing it.