Hoi,

So I thought of buying a wireless headset for voice chatting, game sounds, movies and music. I came across the new wireless headset which is the PS4 Platinum Headset which costs about 220€. It has 3D sounds and many other cool things.

My question is that would this headset work with movies and music as well? For example would the headset be fully functional (3d sounds etc) if I watched movies on my Ps4? What if I listened to music on my phone? Would I be able to use the headset with my phone?

It's not enough if the headset works so that it does have the sound for movies and music but it doesn't use the other features eg. The 3D sounds.

So, anyone out there who would like to enlighten me?
Last edited by Billie_J at Jan 22, 2017,
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Billie_J

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Billie_J
Hoi,

So I thought of buying a wireless headset for voice chatting, game sounds, movies and music. I came across the new wireless headset which is the PS4 Platinum Headset which costs about 220€. It has 3D sounds and many other cool things.

My question is that would this headset work with movies and music as well? For example would the headset be fully functional (3d sounds etc) if I watched movies on my Ps4? What if I listened to music on my phone? Would I be able to use the headset with my phone?

It's not enough if the headset works so that it does have the sound for movies and music but it doesn't use the other features  eg. The 3D sounds.

If you are really want a fully functional headset, why don't you go with Logitech G930. It is built in 7.1 sound that would work on gaming or watching Movie. Plus the price is bit cheaper than Platinum Headset. Found a good review here if you are interested. 
Last edited by Frank_Music at May 23, 2017,
Idk but I'm playing alien isolation right now and I could use Some good wireless headphones that connect to my PS4
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
Idk but I'm playing alien isolation right now and I could use Some good wireless headphones that connect to my PS4

I'm fine plugging my athm50x's into my controller when I wanna listen to shit on my ps4.

It doesn't come with a mic, but I play pc games to talk to people, I play mostly single player games on the ps4. 
I dunno about PS4 but for Xbox I'd get a headset like the vmoda cross fade wireless with the boom mic attachment and you'll have a nice sounding geadset that's good for evething. 7.1 headsets are largely a scam.
I got a sennheiser pc360 headset for chat/mic stuff which has a super long cable, sound and mic is decent enough (not to my audiophile standards but it does the job) and it's pretty sturdy (though I've been thinking about buying a nicer pair of just normal headphones for when I play single player stuff on my laptop)

tried that whole wireless thing but I sometimes have super long sessions and with dualshock 4 battery being trash still, I'm kinda fed up having to charge it all the time and rather not have yet another thing to keep having to charge. also sound quality and mic quality still suffers a lot with wireless headsets (on top of headsets already being kinda weaker in quality compared to similarly priced headphones). logitech were the only wireless ones I tried and they were decent enough.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
And people say beats by dre are overpriced.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.