i'm planning to get a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR Special used(500$) but also i found used the original but it costs 100$ more.I know that these 2 montels have some differences but i dont think its so important.That's your advice?Also if you could suggest another montel for metal/rock(6string/7string).
Thanks!
kwn85 Hi and welcome to Forum! General suggestion is to try both and find out, which fits you the best. But as to me, I tend to the original, even though it costs more.
I'm very familiar with Schecter guitars from the last ten years or so and I don't recall a "Hellraiser Special" model. What's the full name of the model? Is it just their old "C-1 Special"? If so, there's some big differences that make up the price difference with the Hellraiser.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
It looks like the special lacks the detailed binding.

I think the regular version looks much better.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Quote by DirtFarmer
It looks like the special lacks the detailed binding.

I think the regular version looks much better.

What model did you look at? I'm not aware of anything called a Hellraiser Special.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Oh that one. Okay. Surprised musiciansfriend still has that. Not a current model. But yeah, looks the differences are mostly visual. Unless the regular hellraiser he's comparing it to is newer than like 2011 or so. Then there'd be different pickups too. The special has the 81/85 set, which the regular hellraiser used to have, but they have the 81tw/89r coil tapping set these days.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Thank you guys for help!I think that always regular hellraiser models had 81tw/89(since 2008).Correct me if i'm wrong.
Quote by kwn85
Thank you guys for help!I think that always regular hellraiser models had 81tw/89(since 2008).Correct me if i'm wrong.

Since then, yes. The Hellraiser was first introduced in 2005 though, and the earlier versions had 81/85. They also had the abalone binding only around the outer edge of the body, so you don't actually see it looking straight on at the top of the guitar. No binding around the headstock either. And they had black hardware, rather than chrome. That's how mine is. 2006 Hellraiser C-1FR.
Guitars
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Last edited by the_bi99man at Jan 26, 2017,