hi,guys
I hear the term (MIDI /Musical Instrument Digital Interface)
I am not sure what this is, and what I do with it,
e.g. my (eventide time factor) as got a MIDI function, so could you guys kindly explain this to me,
much thanks for your time guys,

bluesfloyd,
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=midi

But seriously, its a protocol that lets you control a variety of musical equipment, and lets different pieces of equipment talk and control eachother. When you press a button on a midi controller, you send a command to the device that you are connected to, and then the device does something, depending on how its programed to respond to a certain command. In your case, you can use midi controllers to control the parameters of your pedal without twisting the knobs.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
It's a protocol originally meant as a standard to control synthesizers that is now used for, well, nearly anything - triggering samples, changing patches, modulation changes, sample bank switches, and a bnch of other stuff.

For your Eventide, you can hook it up to a MIDI controller like a Behringer FCB1010 and use that as your controller rather than using the built in user interface.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.