I've got a tiny ZAR E-10 watt amp, with overdrive and EQ and minijack input so I can play along tunes from ie cellphone spoitfy etc.
Problem is that if I dampen the strings, og play soft with low volume then amp suddenly cut the sound completely. I am guessing some kind of soft protection circuit to protect the amp from those regular amp noises, like plugging in/out a guitar while amp is turned ON etc.

I've got this tiny amp to practice at home, and I live in an apartment building with cheese cloth walls. If I crank up the amp and guitar controls on 11 it tends to stay on while I practice. But I recently got too many complaints from neighbors to keep amp that loud.

I tried to use headset for practicing, but that just suxxs. I had forgot how much I hate headsets.

Any ideas how to avoid amp from cutting out on me?
boligjakt Hi and welcome to forum! Some questions: did you have that problem with amp from the start of using it or it began later? Did you get it used or a new one?
I would look into getting a pod and a set of headphones, or an interface and amp sims and play through your computer.

tbh that amp isn't worth troubleshooting.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I would look into getting a pod and a set of headphones, or an interface and amp sims and play through your computer.

tbh that amp isn't worth troubleshooting.

Well headphones are not my thing. After 10 minutes headphones get uncomfy and my ears canals get too hot So that is a no go. I've tried that but gave up.
Yeah the amp was cheap I agree, but it is new so if the quality is so crappy maybe seller shouldn't have sold me the amp in the first place. Worst thing is I bought it online, and I will have to pay shipping to return this and shipping for new so that might end up costing close to what I paid for the amp.

If there is a way to resolve this problem I rather spend a few hours tweaking or break out the soldering iron if there is something that can be done to avoid making landfill of it. After all, the task I ask from the amp is certainly not much. And I could do fine with clean channel alone too, if that would make things easier.
boligjakt Sorry for long reply, but the fact that it's new makes the finding solution harder. There is some info on premierguitar.com, but it more about used ones
Does sound from the amp cut in and out while you play?
This can be due to quite a few things, one of which can be related to the tube sockets (see the previous section on cleaning tube sockets).

If your amp has an effects loop, the problem could also be that the contacts in its 1/4" jacks are dirty or oxidized—especially if you don’t use the loop. To remedy this, spray electronic contact cleaner—only this time use the type that does have lubricant— into each jack, and then insert and remove a cable 8 to 10 times. Afterward, leave the plugs inserted for 15–30 minutes— or even overnight, if possible. This will leave the jacks’ switching contacts open and give the cleaner a chance to dry. You can then remove the cable and try the amp again. (Note: As a preventive measure, it’s not a bad idea to perform this type of jack cleaning on your input and speaker jacks.)

Try to find a friend, who is more experienced than you on guitar gear topic, maybe he can check reasons of this problem.
Quote by boligjakt
Well headphones are not my thing. After 10 minutes headphones get uncomfy and my ears canals get too hot So that is a no go. I've tried that but gave up. ...[ ]....
I think this is where a really cheapo 6 dollar phones could be your best friend. You'll usually find very light weight blister packed Sony's or similar at Best Buy or a record store. I can't stand heavy phones, and I'm not sticking any of those stupid buds in my ears. So, I feel your frustration..

Walmart likely stocks lightweight stuff like this at most of their stores: https://www.walmart.com/ip/10237839?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227000007853&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40880133992&wl4=pla-46697700981&wl5=1025356&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=10237839&wl13=&veh=sem

They won't sound too great, but they won't make your ears all sweaty either, and at least you get to play