There is a schecter omen 6 floyd rose guitar that I'm wanting to buy from my guitar store. I want to buy it, but I do not like the color: a dark maroonish-red.

Is there any way to change the color from maroon to black WHILE STILL KEEPING THE SHINE/POLISH EFFECT?

Let me know all ways of achieving this, cheap or not.
Completely refinishing it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
xMCR.for.Lifex Taking all the existing finish off and applying an entirely new finish to the guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Do they make that guitar in the colour you want? Find somewhere online that you can buy the guitar you actually want, rather than ruining one you didn't want.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Do they make that guitar in the colour you want? Find somewhere online that you can buy the guitar you actually want, rather than ruining one you didn't want.

I am on a very strict budget. This one is 10 dollars more than a black one that I like, but this one I can pick up from my local store. The other one is in Pennsylvania and costs like 30 bucks for shipping
Quote by xMCR.for.Lifex
I am on a very strict budget. This one is 10 dollars more than a black one that I like, but this one I can pick up from my local store. The other one is in Pennsylvania and costs like 30 bucks for shipping
And how much do you think its going to cost for the paint & lacquer to change the colour of the one that's only 10 dollars cheaper?

Then factor in the cost of what you'll lose in used resale value because you "customised" (in for sale ads, read customised as "ruined") your guitar, or alternatively getting someone to do the job properly...

Either save an extra few weeks to get the guitar you prefer, or just stick with the colour you aren't so keen on.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Jan 23, 2017,
Getting it refinished will probably cost you around 200$ or even more. So yeah. Not doable on your budget. If you refinish it yourself, the paint and painting supplies will also cost you way more than 30$, and it will probably look like crap, since its gonna be your first paintjob. Get the black one, or live with the red color.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Wrap it. Several companies use the same material used on Lamborghinis and other vehicles to change the color, graphics, etc., of your guitar. Black/glossy is easy squeazy for them, but you can do SO much more if you want to. Most charge around $30-35 for a guitar wrap designed for your particular guitar. Look up things like axe-wraps, etc.
Quote by Tony Done
dspellman

Can those wraps be removed without harming the original finish? If they could, it would be a handy way of protecting the finish.

Puzzackly. Yes, they can be removed without harming the original finish. And yes, it helps protect the original finish as well. Here in Beaverly Hills, the rich kids are re-wrapping their Lamborghinis every six months, though the wrap will last much longer than that. And when they get 5000 miles on the car they unwrap it and trade it in on a new one.

Tony Done Yeah, i was just saying the price that one of my friends quoted me. He isnt a pro, but his finishes were pretty decent, the last time i saw them.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by Tony Done
dspellman

Very flashy. That front number plate would be illegal in Oz. The most obvious examples I've seen here have been advertising on taxis and buses.

In LA and Dubai, when your brand new Aventador is a ho-hum "yet another," you've gotta do something to call attention to your car.
who wants to buy something and work on it pain in the ass
Wise man once said, " If you ever get lost in the woods, just start jacking off someone will see you."
marshland1
Lots of people, when it comes to guitars.

I don't know much about the specifics of it, but I think dspellman's wrap suggestion is probably the only cost effective way of doing this.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I guess I have always been one to buy something the way I want it but that's just me guess
Wise man once said, " If you ever get lost in the woods, just start jacking off someone will see you."
Quote by K33nbl4d3
marshland1
Lots of people, when it comes to guitars.

I don't know much about the specifics of it, but I think dspellman's wrap suggestion is probably the only cost effective way of doing this.

The only cost effective way to do this is to spend the extra $40 on the guitar he actually wants.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Tony Done
gorkyporky

$200? A pro refinish is more like $1200, and that is being optimistic.

I don't know where you got that number, because that's several times the quotes I've seen. For example:
http://www.martybellfinishing.com/prices.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
xMCR.for.Lifex

As others have pointed out, you're better off saving up for what you want instead of refinishing.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I don't know where you got that number, because that's several times the quotes I've seen. For example:
http://www.martybellfinishing.com/prices.html

Yeah, I've had plenty of guitars refinished and they were nowhere near that. That's like getting into Historic Makeover prices and they do more than a refinish with that price tag.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
xMCR.for.Lifex

As others have pointed out, you're better off saving up for what you want instead of refinishing.

Very much so
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've had set neck guitars refinished and they didn't cost close to 1200 bucks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Are both of those Oz, or adjusted to USD?