I need one for the other side of the stage and preferably a 112 but I'm stuck on the wattage and ohm issues. Let me know if 'm thinking about this correctly.

Currently running a 212 combo amp with (2) 8ohm speakers in series so I'm on the 16 ohm setting on the amp, and it is my understanding that if I get a 16 ohm V30 in an extension cab then I change the switch to 8ohms on the amp since I have both a series connection of 16ohms and a single 16 ohm speaker paralelled into the amp. Right?

So the V30 is only a 60watt speaker... Are 120 watt tube amps 120 watts total? So out of the paralelled output, only 60 watts goes to each side? 60 watts to the 212 and 60 watts to the 112 extension cab? Is this correct or does 120 watts come out of each output and I need to get a 120 watt capable speaker or risk blowing a V30.

What if I find a great deal on a 112 with an 8 ohm speaker. With 16 on one side and 8 on the other, what is the best amp setting to use? 4, 8, 16
well the first thing you'll have to do is determine if your combo can run an extension cab without defeating the speakers in the amp some do some don't. if the speakers in the amp will be cut out then that defeats the purpose.
Quote by monwobobbo
well the first thing you'll have to do is determine if your combo can run an extension cab without defeating the speakers in the amp some do some don't. if the speakers in the amp will be cut out then that defeats the purpose.

Interesting. I just assumed that since I had two output plugs that this would work. I'll have to check and make sure.

This is a XXX212 by the way.
What amp do you have and what does the manual say? Not all amps are wiring the same with speaker outputs.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Looks like those are parallel speaker connections. If you buy a 16ohm cab then yes you would use the 8ohm setting.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .