Hey everyone. This is my first post and I'm probably going to take alot of heat for saying this but for some reason my dsl50 is just too quiet when I play gigs without being mic'ed up. I just can't seem to get it loud enough and people are always telling me my guitar is too quiet. I usually run it through a 4x12 with vintage 30's but even with it cranked it's still not loud enough to get through the drums. I've tried lots of eq settings to get it to cut and nothing seems to work. Also, other bands have used my cab and their heads are more than loud enough. I thought an amp of this caliber would be plenty loud enough but not for me. Is there anything I can to to improve this? And yes I have tried re-tubing it (JJ EL34s). Maybe a new power transformer? Thanks!
It won't be the OT. Your power tubes probably just need replacing. Swap out the PI at the same time.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you already replaced the power tubes, replace the PI and the preamp tubes. A properly healthy 50W amp should not have trouble keeping up with a drummer.
Something's gotta be wrong. I commonly gig with 40W and 50W amps with the volume at noon.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
That's very surprising-- especially running speakers like V 30s; those are extremely efficient (loud) speakers. My Classic 30 is only 30 watts and will bring down the house through a similar cab as yours. I think something's wrong with your amp.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
cjeb94

are you running flat out gain and volume dimed? if so I am baffled.

not to be an ass, but I think your drummer is too loud. (assuming that the amp is functioning properly).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I switched out the power tubes and PI and re-biased it and all of a sudden it's twice as loud. No really sure what the issue was but thanks everyone for all the suggestions!
Quote by Roc8995
If you already replaced the power tubes, replace the PI and the preamp tubes. A properly healthy 50W amp should not have trouble keeping up with a drummer.

Yeah, I use a 50w orange combo and I never turn the volume above about 6/10. I play with an extremely heavy handed drummer who's prone to blow holes through his snare head on a regular basis, and I'll drown him out without getting near max volume. Definitely something wrong. A 50w tube amp is loud enough for anything smaller than a serious arena setting where everything, including drums, would be miked anyway.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by cjeb94
I switched out the power tubes and PI and re-biased it and all of a sudden it's twice as loud. No really sure what the issue was but thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

Hm. Well cool then. Enjoy.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by diabolical
I thought you had changed tubes...good to know that some of this weirdness could happen even on new tubes.

From what I know, the chance of factory duds on modern tubes is relatively high. In a "they do not make them as they used to" kind of way.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
TS:

It might have just been the phase inverter tube that fixed it, since that is also part of the power section. It might be worth it to throw the old power tubes back in to see if they're still good. If it goes back to being quiet -- throw them away; you don't want to risk using them anymore because they will probably soon fail and take out other components with them. But, if it's still loud even with the older tubes, then you know the fix was the PI tube and you'll have a spare set of power tubes for when you need them next.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Back in the early '90s when I was in a band the other guitar player and myself had virtually identical amps they were Ampeg VL series mine was the VL1002 100w and his was the 502 50w both were running through Celestian equipped 4X12 cabs and he had no problem keeping up with my 100 watter or the drums and bass.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I love my vl1002. i need to do some work on it though. i have not used it in a long time.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/