Any Vets or active duty care to share absolute gold from your time in boot or basic?
Or perhaps you're the dick head that sends your friend a dildo and a bottle of lube with an attached note that reads "For the Drill Instructor that you said was a complete fucking lunatic." Anyhoo, i would like to hear about it.
Shall i get the ball rolling?

We had a guy that somehow got his watch through the indoc (They take all your crap when you first get there). Well, the Drill Instructors found out he had it when they saw him wearing it one day, so they put him in the squad bay trashcan and put the lid on it. Every time they walked by and kicked it he’d pop out with his watch and yell, “SIR THE TIME ON DECK IS ZERO-NINE-FORTY-FIVE!” and then go back into his can like the freakin’ grouch from Sesame Street.
Too many motards...
Quote by SynysterGecko
Every time they walked by and kicked it he’d pop out with his watch and yell, “SIR THE TIME ON DECK IS ZERO-NINE-FORTY-FIVE!” and then go back into his can like the freakin’ grouch from Sesame Street.

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.
No, but I wanna join Donald trumps army
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Boot camp is what you talk about when the only thing you've ever done is boot camp.
JustRooster
boot life
I just havent heard anyone talk about boot since i was getting my ass kicked in the barracks on a daily bases.
And come on, weren't you a combat medic? Youre supposed to be chill as fuck, not call me a boot.
Too many motards...
growing up as a semi shitty kid, boot camp was a frequent threat made by my dad.

around the 50th time i realized it wasn't a credible threat and carried on being a minor shithead.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I tried to keep a low profile and not be involved in any shenanigans. Mission accomplished.
There was the one time we were standing at ease while the TI was going on about something and I noticed I had a nosebleed, so I did my proper "Sir, Airman Frogstar requesting permission to break formation" or some jazz, he rolled his eyes and told me to go the clinic. Pretty thrilling stuff right there, huh?

Oh, I suppose there was the one time in chow hall that some guy walked up to the "snake pit" (where the TIs sat and had lunch) and took a swing on one of them--yeah, that was over before it started.
FrogstarWorldA
Since youre an airman, this is the perfect time to ask, due to political correctness, should we call you airpeople now? I surely dont want to offend anyone...
Too many motards...
A patron at my local pub is a Vietnam war vet and he was telling me how they had an English officer that looked down upon his men (who were all Australian) and one day on parade to confuse and irritate him every time they were ordered to attention and then at ease they would retract their right foot for attention and extend their left for at ease, so an entire parade slowly made it's way left across the parade grounds
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by SynysterGecko
JustRooster
boot life
I just havent heard anyone talk about boot since i was getting my ass kicked in the barracks on a daily bases.
And come on, weren't you a combat medic? Youre supposed to be chill as fuck, not call me a boot.

Fresh-from-boot kids getting their feelings hurt are the reason we can't haze people anymore. I miss hazing new guys.
JustRooster
Still happens in the corps, but from what im hearing and seeing, todays army is getting soft, facebook during basic, full body waivers, drill sergeants arent allowed to make privates do more than ten push ups, its fucked, they need to bring back the old army. See what happened to drip46?
Too many motards...
Good riddance to "hazing" tbh

If you can't accomplish the goal without then you need a check
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Good riddance to "hazing" tbh

If you can't accomplish the goal without then you need a check

Broad term, hazing. Probably needs definition. I didn't realize there were people that needed hazing in order to accomplish their goals? At least, I've never been in a unit like that. We always just did light initiation stuff. Generally the new guys are having as much fun as the old guys. People can wimp out if they want without negative impact.
Quote by SynysterGecko
FrogstarWorldA
Since youre an airman, this is the perfect time to ask, due to political correctness, should we call you airpeople now? I surely dont want to offend anyone...

Was an airman, I've been out for nearly twenty years now. Don't worry about offending them, they'll just be impressed if you can speak in complete sentences (being in the corps and all)
Quote by SynysterGecko
JustRooster
Still happens in the corps, but from what im hearing and seeing, todays army is getting soft, facebook during basic, full body waivers, drill sergeants arent allowed to make privates do more than ten push ups, its fucked, they need to bring back the old army. See what happened to drip46?

lol wut
We barely even got any phone time, IIRC it was like once a week.
Quote by JustRooster
Broad term, hazing. Probably needs definition. I didn't realize there were people that needed hazing in order to accomplish their goals? At least, I've never been in a unit like that. We always just did light initiation stuff. Generally the new guys are having as much fun as the old guys. People can wimp out if they want without negative impact.

Yeah that's different than what I'm talking about
FrogstarWorldA
I didnt realize youre an old blood, lol. I had a friend that went in basic for the army and i see the kid posting on facebook everyday "miss my family"
And yeah, marines are dumb as fuck, the fact i can play guitar was like voodoo magic to some of them. I still have images of grunts drinking bottles of dip spit because someone dared them to engraved in my mind.
Too many motards...
Quote by SynysterGecko

grunts drinking bottles of dip spit

That's just fucking nasty.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by SynysterGecko
MurrcuryFoxx
think of that next time you see a "Grunt Style" t-shirt

Tbh I'ma try and never think of that again. I literally gagged the first time thinking about that.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
curious what some of the military guys here think about this:

my godfather was in the Army Airborne and told me a story (i'm guessing it was during basic) where a guy tried to kill himself by drinking bleach.

drill instructor gave his unit a speech about it and told them to drink pine sol if they wanted a faster, more guaranteed death.

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
curious what some of the military guys here think about this:

my godfather was in the Army Airborne and told me a story (i'm guessing it was during basic) where a guy tried to kill himself by drinking bleach.

drill instructor gave his unit a speech about it and told them to drink pine sol if they wanted a faster, more guaranteed death.

Pretty believable, but probably not nowadays.