Hi forums

I'm about to get a pedal board. I'm planning on attaching the pedals using velcro. For those of you that do the same- which side of the velcro do you put on the pedals, and which on the board? I'm sure it makes little to no difference, I'm just curious.
Most people put the soft side on the board. There are some that put the rough side on the board since it picks up less lint.

Some people use 3M Dual Lock instead of Velcro.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Last edited by 8Len8 at Jan 24, 2017,
Really good question. I myself have done both for no particular reason. I have settled on putting the softer side on the pedal and the harder velcro side on the board. My reasoning is that if I do it the other way and remove the pedal for individual use on a wood or tiled floor (stage or club/bar floor) the harder velcro side will slide around the floor more than the softer velrco. Of course you could think the other way that the harder velco will grip a carpet area better. I'm curious if there is a consensus among others. Good question.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Just remember a little goes a long way on the back of the pedal. The first time I made a pedal board, I covers the entire back of the pedal. Hard as hell to get off and usually just ripped anything glued on the back of the pedal off
I regularly do both i think. lol. likely because I buy pedals used, and most have velcro applied already, so I just apply the opposite to my board. no logic here.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Rickholly74
My reasoning is that if I do it the other way and remove the pedal for individual use on a wood or tiled floor (stage or club/bar floor) the harder velcro side will slide around the floor more than the softer velrco.

This is what I was thinking, it seems the most logical. Does anyone have a reason for it to go the other way round?
I put the soft side on the pedal board.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Put some of the blue or green painting tape on the bottom of your pedal before putting the Velcro on. It will stick well and when you remove the Velcro, the bottom of your pedal will be protected by the tape.
Quote by Grawgos
Put some of the blue or green painting tape on the bottom of your pedal before putting the Velcro on. It will stick well and when you remove the Velcro, the bottom of your pedal will be protected by the tape.

Great idea