I have the opportunity to pick up a Roland JC77 reasonably priced. I've always heard that JCs would be a great clean amps and good pedal platforms. I plan on using it with my Boss GT100. From what I can tell, there is no Effects in/out on the amp. So the only connection is the main input jack.

I play mostly Modern & Classic Rock, some Modern Country. My other gear is listed in my signature.

Should I pick it up or look for something different?
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Well, the GT-100 has a setting specifically for when using it with a JC120. I'm sure that you will be fine. Well if you are satisfied with the amp modelling on the GT-100 that is, which I certainly wasn't..
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
HNAD! Well after driving way out of the way to see and hear the JC77, I decided she needed a better home and some lovin'. I believe she is a 1985. She spent the last few years in storage and was a gigging amp prior to that. She is a bit dirty (needs a good wash down), but the pots are only a little scratchy (will be fed some DeOxit to fix), but she works and plays fine. Need to find caster (need to find the proper pin size), and 3 foots witches (Boss FS-5L should work).

After a short check out at the sellers place, and another short check at home... I like her. Clear warm tones, very articulate, and can be very loud (not as loud as the SC400 she is sitting on). The Chorus (as everyone knows) is to die for, the Reverb adds some life to the sound. The Distortion is ok, but I like the fact that it can act as a boost if you keep it below break-up level. Better yet, my GT100 works very well through her.

I'll let you know how things go once she is all dressed and ready for the dance.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
HNAD! Well after driving way out of the way to see and hear the JC77, I decided she needed a better home and some lovin'. I believe she is a 1985. She spent the last few years in storage and was a gigging amp prior to that. She is a bit dirty (needs a good wash down), but the pots are only a little scratchy (will be fed some DeOxit to fix), but she works and plays fine. Need to find caster (need to find the proper pin size), and 3 foots witches (Boss FS-5L should work).

After a short check out at the sellers place, and another short check at home... I like her. Clear warm tones, very articulate, and can be very loud (not as loud as the SC400 she is sitting on). The Chorus (as everyone knows) is to die for, the Reverb adds some life to the sound. The Distortion is ok, but I like the fact that it can act as a boost if you keep it below break-up level. Better yet, my GT100 works very well through her.

I'll let you know how things go once she is all dressed and ready for the dance.

--- Joe ---