Hello, i need some help choosing a guitar. I have got a Japanese Fender Strat, i really like my guitar, but i want to have another kind of tone and guitar feeling, like a Les Paul.

The thing is, my budget is around 500e and i don't really think that i would really pay 2000e for a Gibson Les Paul.

So, i'm looking for alternatives. I'm thinking about Epiphone Les Paul standard, or Epiphone Les Paul standard pro, or Epiphone Les Paul custom...but i can't decide.

I do really need an advice.

Thanks
Among my favorite LPclones are Electra's Omegas and Omega Primes. New, they're probably outside your price range, but you might be able to find a used one.

http://www.electraguitar.com/pages/electra-omega
http://www.electraguitar.com/pages/electra-omega-prime

I also think Hagstrom offers good alternatives:

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/electric-guitars.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Ltd EC 400 series or above
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

All the Epiphones you've mentioned are largely the same outside of the obvious cosmetic differences. Though the Standard Pro comes with Probucker pickups which are an improvement over the old Alnico Classics Epiphone have used for years now.

Does it absolutely have to be a Les Paul? There are lots of options for singlecut guitars out there that aren't Les Pauls but are cosmetically similar. Guitars like the PRS SE Singlecuts, Electra Omega, LTD Eclipses for example.

What are your preferences in regards to Les Pauls?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Besides mentioned ones in your price range you can also check
ESP LTD EC-256 (UG score 8.8)
Modified to meet the requirements of the modern player, with hot, metal-ready humbuckers, which adds a whole new dimension to your tonal options not offered by the more traditional variants.

The thinner neck and lighter body doesn't seem to take away the depth and richness LP lovers demand, meaning those who prefer a less bulky profile can still enjoy the meaty tones. The coil tap (simply click up the volume knob) allows you to effectively switch the humbuckers into single coil mode for a skinnier, noise-free Strat-like chime and twang.

Users are impressed by the stock ESP pickups - noiseless, punchy, well balanced and not too dark or muddy. In fact they're a little brighter and snappier than typical Les Paul clone.

Extra jumbo frets give you that scalloped neck feel and, coupled with the slim U neck profile, puts this axe confidently in shredding territory, confirming it as one of the most versatile cheap Les Paul style guitars available.

Vintage V100 (UG score 8.8)
Hailing from Britain and the family run John Hornby Skewes factory, the Vintage V100 has become one of the most respected, authentic Les Paul copies available. Residents outside the UK should be able to get hold of a V100 through Ebay or local stores/classifieds.

Users note how versatile the V100 is, with that fat, deep and gutsy LP warmth as the foundation for many different styles of playing. The tone knobs are surprisingly responsive and sweeping for a guitar of this price, without muddying or muffling the tone when things are pulled back.

The set mahogany neck and thick body (only a couple of pounds lighter than the Gibson Standard) help towards producing excellent sustain and harmonic response.

The V100 offers everything players look and listen for in a traditional Les Paul, at a fraction of the cost, and the quality has surprised even the most experienced of players.
i don't know know what your currency converts to in AUD, but ive heard good things about http://www.rondomusic.com/
maybe worth a shot.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
dannyalcatraz

I have got to get one of those Electra Omega Prime Flame maple guitars.

I guy I went to school with has an Electra from the early 80's he bought it new and has been playing/gigging with it for decades it was and is a very nice guitar.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine
That's the one I have, and it has me G.A.S.sing for another Omega Prime. Probably the Ceruse.

Of the LPclones I own, it is my #2.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Evilnine
That's the one I have, and it has me G.A.S.sing for another Omega Prime. Probably the Ceruse.

Of the LPclones I own, it is my #2.

I think that Omega flame top looks better than most real Les Pauls, I really like the tortoise fret markersthat is a noce touch, hopefully I won't get crucified for saying that
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Any of the LTD EC series 256 or higher, PRS SE Singlecuts or similar, Epi LPs ... your choice is vast.
Play as many as you can and pick the one that sings back to you best,
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Evilnine

Not by ME you won't!