Hello there UG

Well i generaly can't find a guitar that would suit me well. I have tried in local store guitars and couldn't decide which one was best for me. I have tried Many Teles and lassic vibe is just too heavy, im mostly and Ibanez or ESP guy. What i am looking for? It is a light weight telecaster, i known theres a thinline version and also modern player plus. Local store doesnt have thinlines, however they might recive Modern Player Tele. I never had opportunity to try these.

Are fender modern player telecaster lighter than regular teles? Is the neck thinner a little bit or a baseball bat? I do really like humbucker and two single sets. Thinline isnt really what i am looking for, not into semi hollow bodies. Any drawbacks of fender modern player telecaster ?

Price tag for it is 450$ here in Europe. Can you tell me more details about that guitar ?
rockstar256
It's been a long time since I've played one, but that model seemed nice enough to me. It's Chinese-made, I think, which some people take issue with. I don't believe the neck is anything unusual, just the "Modern C" of most of Fender's standard models. It's pine, so it should be lighter than your average Tele, but that doesn't mean it will be, since individual cuts of wood do vary.

On the Thinlines, be aware that they're not "really" semihollows. They're more like chambered Les Pauls, in that the body is essentially just solid with chunks cut out of it (which was originally done specifically for weight relief), and they don't have separate backs and sides like an archtop, nor a soundboard, just a top entirely attached to the rest of the body, so not resonating on its own. In other words, if your concern is the practicalities or the sound of a semihollow, it won't be an issue, but if it's an aesthetic one then fair enough. There's also the "Deluxe" (two humbuckers) and "Custom" (neck humbucker, bridge singlecoil) models of the early '70s. I don't know exactly what's available by way of Mexican reissues and suchlike nowadays, but those are other Thinline options if you what I said affects your position on those.

The Squier CV '50s Tele is a traditional '50s setup which also has a pine body, though I don't know about the weight.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jan 24, 2017,
I've got a Modern Player Thinline. It weighs .3.3kg (7lb). The pickups are shit but easily replaced. I don't like the bridge either, mine will get a Hipshot one before long.
The neck is really nice. Extremely well built guitar.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
rockstar256
Hi, you can check detailed specs for Modern Player Telecaster Plus and Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe on Fender Shop site.
There are some drawbacks about their reliability and finish (check some reviews on Plus and Deluxe), but they are still solid guitars.
Action, Fit & Finish — 7
Stays in tune great so far, frets play even, the tuners have not slipped yet. The back of the neck is a little "gummy," and I may go ahead and sand it down like a lot of players do. There are a few factory pictures that make the charcoal finish look more walnut-y, I assure you it is a true charcoal. It looks black in most light, and you can still see some of the grain. I much prefer the saddles this came with as opposed to the vintage tele style. They stay in tune much better and do not have the same tendency to slip.

Reliability & Durability — 7
I haven't had this nearly long enough to now for sure how long anything will truly last. But as a touring musician I would take this on the road out of the box. And it was cheap enough I could just buy another if things went horribly wrong. It's one of the more inspiring tele's I've played, after shopping around for a couple years. The clear coat is hefty, so if you really wanted to relic it, you'd have your work cut out. It is so darned cheap though, and doesn't carry the Squire stigma. I put 11's on it immediately, which changed the way it felt for the better. But it should probably be set up for that tension.

Action, Fit & Finish — 7
It might have been set up when I got it, but I don't remember because I almost immediately changed the terrible strings that it came with. I ended up using higher gauge strings on it, and I had to do plenty of action and truss rod adjustments accordingly. I haven't touched the pickup height too much, that seemed pretty good where it was at out of the box. Only real problem, since I don't count crappy strings against it, is that the nut isn't cut very well. It's not much higher than the frets are, which means your action has to rise a bit to keep strings from buzzing and rattling. I don't know if this is a consistent problem or if it was just a manufacturing error.
I have to say, the first of those reviewers sound suspiciously like someone with little idea what they're talking about... The neck finish is a fair point, though: if you don't like gloss necks there aren't that many options in the Fender range.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
You want a HSS Telecaster style guitar?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz
Reverend, Godin or G&L?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
K33nbl4d3

Reverend and Dean Zelinsky.

And Fret-King does a H/S/miniHB
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

if i recall correctly, Affinity models used to have thinner bodies than the other models. quality was less though. if the frets were leveled and you swapped things over, it MAY be suitable
but I wouldn't go through the trouble.

other than that I don't know much else.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Tony Done No I didn't, they lack body. I had Seymour Duncan Hot P90 laying around doing nothing so I threw that into it. Much better.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quite possibly. I am very fussy with pups. Nothing I own has the original pups in it. Well, apart from my custom built guitar which had what I asked for from the get go.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You might look for used Carvins online. Their t60 (I think) was the telecaster bodied one. Someone might have made a HSS..

And does Agile doe Tele bodied axes?