So I am the rhythm guitarist and lead vocalist of a band called HERESaY, and today I was just toying around and ended up making a sick riff! I have a link to our band's soundcloud and the upload itself. Just need help, not a good songwriter, I just tabbed it out as I tweaked it and made this riff that everyone is in love with.

P.S. I don't know music theory haha
Write another riff. And then another. And then another. And then put them together. And then repeat as needed. Voila, a song.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
When I make songs I have the first riff. Then I think how I can twist it and build from it. Think of songs you like and how they progress. Like maybe you have a riff then bam a power chord bit or something. Learn a lot of different kind of songs and see what they do, you don't need a ton of riffs depending no the song. Think of Nirvana often there where just two or three parts, maybe an intro then riff 1, riff 2, riff 3 repeat x3 like "Lounge Act".

Throw a good plot twist or two in there, just play the riff a lot and see where you feel it would go naturally. Go by your instincts! I like to build around certain notes and dance around chords like what John Lennon started to do on the White Album with songs like "Dear Prudence". Remember you can do WHATEVER you want! Change to 3/3 randomly, noise breakdown, whatever!
Last edited by PoptartHero at Jan 25, 2017,