Hello every one this is my first post to the site and its gonna be on info i need on a guitar build i'm doing and i would like to know quite a few things which ill list now.

1. First i would like to know the exact dimensions of a Gibson RD suck as the thickness, the overall length, the length, etc

2. i would like to know if i need to apply a neck break angle on the guitar if i use a top mounted Floyd Rose

3. and last i would like to know if it is possible to make a Floyd Rose trem into a hard tail by just routing out a place for the block to sit in and not have the back routed back. I want to know this because i would like to keep as much wood on the guitar but at the same time have the floyd on there however i keep my floyds blocked so i wouldn't have a use for it being floating, so again can i install a floyd as if it were a fixed bridge and just rout out for the block

Thank You for those that help i appreciate the help
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
1. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gibson.com%2FProducts%2FElectric-Guitars%2FDesigner%2FGibson-USA%2FRD-Artist.aspx

2. The specifications section contains all the numerical values that you may need.

3. Yes, you can just wedge a piece of wood so that there is no drawn tension with the springs beneath the backplate and the bridge will no longer be free floating. Google the tremel-no or trem blocking. Wait, im not sure what you're actually asking here.

Good luck with thy build.

Welcome to UG, this is a section of the site where people actually care and tend to be incredibly helpful. Read as much of the stickies and pinned posts as you can.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Shredwizard445 thanks for the link, and also for the bridge i was trying to ask if i could install it without routing out the back where you would see the springs and in which case would mean there are no springs so it would be a hard tail
J_luna918

Oh

If that's the case then I would not go with a Floyd rose in particular then
You're looking for a different system altogether

Get a kahler bridge, invest in locking tuners. Kahler setups are easy like Sunday morning. You don't have to rout a cavity through the body for a spring pool.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
if you're not going to use the floyd its insane to have one. tune o matic, fender or hipshot hard tail,PRS style wraparound, six of the small two pronged legos, any thing is better(easer to install and adjust and maintain) than a floyd.
Do you not want a tremolo bridge?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Last edited by ryanbwags at Jan 25, 2017,
ok so mick thompsons' new sig has this very feature from the jackson custom shop. proves it is insane. i think its overkill and sounds like a headache but if your into it and need your tuning to survive a nuclear blast, godspeed
BADGAS Haha thats exactly what i was looking for, because i knew he had them in his ibanez's and i always wondered what bridge it was because it looked like a trem but it wasnt it was just a massive piece of metal holding the tuning very well, and i know the guys from meshuggah have it on their 8 strings also
If you're looking for rock solid tuning, why not a tone pros locking tune o matic. I've got one on one of my explorers and the damn thing NEVER goes out of tune.

www.tonepros.com/
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals