I saw the ad for this 4 hours after it was posted, and swooped in like the hawk* that I am. I couldn't believe he was asking $240 for a Jackson DK2M, so I was prepared for some kind of weird switcheroo upon arrival, but none was to be had! Just an absolutely mint condition shred machine, and I even haggled him down to $220. I honestly felt bad while driving home; the cheapest you can find these for on eBay nowadays is around $550, and GC is letting beat up ones go for around $450.

*cheap bastard

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Ah! Damn everything has changed here since I used to post regularly. Thanks, I'll be better I promise

:Ahem: I had one of these many moons ago, but they stopped making this particular model a while back. It's been a while since I played on a compound radius neck, and it feels good for certain stuff but weird for others; I really like it for single note phrases in the higher registers, and it makes chording feel more natural closer to the lower frets. However, as the neck flattens out it makes certain sweep shapes a little harder, which was counter intuitive; somewhere in my noggin' I have them stored away in the "makes sweeping easier" category, but maybe my technique has changed over the years. Anyways, the contours on the Dinky are a lot like the traditional Soloist, and make it super comfy to sit or stand with, especially for your right arm, which is actually making me re-think my ongoing affair with the ESP Horizon shape.
Last edited by lumberjack at Jan 25, 2017,
Great deal, indeed. Craigslist is the spot to go for MIJ Jacksons for $300 and, oftentimes under.
The DK2M was offered from 2006 to 2009.

Aside from the bevels on the upper and/or lower horns that is more often seen on Dinkys, the Soloist and Dinky have identical shapes. Jackson offers a molded Jackson logo'd case that listed as Dinky/Soloist and my Dinky and Soloist each fit identically.

The difference between the Soloist and Dinky is simply neck thru vs bolt on.
Awesome.

Replace the Floyd for a real Floyd and you've got a killer guitar.

You can only find these guitars on eBay for $550? That isn't what I saw the last time I checked. You can often get them for almost half that in pretty decent condition.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Nice find!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Congrats nice score!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Absolute steal mate, congrats!

Always loved those DK2M's
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Awesome.

Replace the Floyd for a real Floyd and you've got a killer guitar.

You can only find these guitars on eBay for $550? That isn't what I saw the last time I checked. You can often get them for almost half that in pretty decent condition.

Probably could - I just checked what the finished listings are now though, and that's what I saw. I'm sure if you're patient (I'm not) you could get similarly low prices on eBay though!
Nice find! She sure is pretty!!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
sweet

I love the way you felt so bad it was such a good price that you haggled him down an extra $20
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nice guitar! killer deal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

I love the way you felt so bad it was such a good price that you haggled him down an extra $20

I.... I'm-...... not proud of everything I've done

(five minutes later)

soo fucking sick.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A