Hey guys, I'm looking to try out some speakers in my Mesa horizontal 2x12" running with a triple recto. I've always wanted to try out the black label speakers from EV and I wanted to see if anyone had used them and what you thought. They're quite expensive so, if possible I'd like to hear your thoughts. Currently the cabinet is stock with the v30's and I don't have any major complaints with it but the highs can be a bit harsh, especially on channel 3 with the crazy presence knob! I've read that the EVM is a little smoother and thought it may do well. I also find the huge bottom end advertised by them to be appealing. In addition to that my cabinet being a 2x12" technically doesn't have enough power rating for the head, cab being 140 and the head being 150. I don't usually crank it, so I'm not too concerned about that but if I were to turn up really loud I would hate to exceed the power handling of the speakers.

Thank you for any help.
Gibson Les Paul custom
Ibanez RG1570
Schecter KM7
Mesa Boogie triple rectifier
Rectifier 2x12"
If you've always wanted to try black label Speakers, then do so.
V30's usually sound a little harsh until they get broken in. Avatar, for example, sells a V30 that's been put through a breaking-in process as the Hellatone 60.
You might also try Eminence Delta ProA speakers. They'll handle everything a Mesa can put out and then some, and they're less expensive than the EVs, but still have a 400W rating.
I use a Thiele cab with an EVM-12L with my Mesa Boogies and it's fantastic. There are some online stores that sell copies of the Thiele cab for not much. I also have generic 212 and 412 cabs with EVM-12Ls that I sometimes use for bass.

The Eminence Delta Pro A that dspellman posted is also very nice and heavy like the EVM. Make sure to get the one with the 80 oz magnet instead of the 56 oz.
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into the delta pro speaker.

My main reason for asking was because A they're really expensive and I've read both good and bad about them, and B I've also read that they need a bigger cabinet to work properly and I wasn't sure that they would do in a 2x12.
Gibson Les Paul custom
Ibanez RG1570
Schecter KM7
Mesa Boogie triple rectifier
Rectifier 2x12"
Quote by Ippon
I use a Thiele cab with an EVM-12L with my Mesa Boogies and it's fantastic. There are some online stores that sell copies of the Thiele cab for not much.

Mesa actually copied the EV TL-806 cabinet (plans are readily available; google them) and modified it for Celestions when the EV was discontinued for a while. The original plans are best.

Re: Delta pro 12A
This is the one you want:

http://www.parts-express.com/eminence-delta-pro-12a-12-cast-frame-driver--290-510#lblProductDetails

If you want the best out of the Deltas, you may want to check the Eminence cabinet recommendations (I built closed-back ported cabinets for each pair of them). Plans are available.