I have a 7 string guitar with a floyd rose. I like to keep it in just standard 7 string B-E-A-D-G-B-E tuning.

I got a new set of strings 10-59 which are a thicker gauge than what came on the guitar. When I was tuning/setting things up it got to the point where my screws in the back of the guitar were into the wood of the body as far as they possibly could go. The annoying part of it is that at this point the bridge was still pitched forward a fair bit (20-30 degress).

Anyone have any idea how I could get the bridge to level out more and allow me to have the standard B tuning? Right now I've just resorted to putting it in A-D-G-C-F-A-D so that I could have everything set up nicely. But playing Korn songs gets old after a while haha
anytime you change the string tension on a floating trem it requires the trem to be reset. this usually means moving the claw (thing that hold springs) to compensate. as this can be a pain in the ass it's recommended to leave guitars with floyds in one tuning.
If you've already tighten the claw screws as far as they will go you need to add more spring tension by adjusting the springs from | | | to / | \ or add another spring.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Add more springs.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by hoonin_hooligan

Anyone have any idea how I could get the bridge to level out more and allow me to have the standard B tuning? haha

1. Put the old gauge of strings on the guitar.
2. Add a spring or two.
Ok so from the sounds of it if i add another spring that would add more tension to bring the bridge down....that sounds like something I could do - I had thought about that but wasn't sure how much a difference one spring would make.

And just to be clear i fully realize that you have to counter the string tension with the spring tension in the back of the guitar. That is where the problem is stemming from that the balance can't currently be achieved.
Last edited by hoonin_hooligan at Jan 26, 2017,
Quote by diabolical
Play some Kreator, they're in standard D

New Kreator tomorrow!!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .