Hello everybody, Looking for some advice here...

I play on a Hardcore Punk band, you know, a lot of speed in every song, so after every rehearsal or show my left wrist hurts a little bit. The day after it fels kind of weird, not painful but somehow uncomfortable [like a bassist wrist hangover(?)] and I try to give it a rest to help it recover... unfortunately, on the real life I work as a web developer so I'm on a pc all the time. I want to know if you experience something like it, and what do you do to "rest" your wrist and recover it?
Try soaking your wrist in a bucket of water and Epsom salts. It helps.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Damn. When I saw "What do you do after rehearsal/show?" I was expecting a whole different conversation. Oh well...
MGu3l
Try some to make some wrist exercises
Exercise 1.
  • Make a loose right fist, palm up, and use the left hand to press gently down against the clenched hand.
  • Resist the force with the closed right hand for 5 seconds. Be sure to keep the wrist straight.
  • Turn the right fist palm down, and press the knuckles against the left open palm for 5 seconds.
  • Finally, turn the right palm so the thumb-side of the fist is up, and press down again for 5 seconds.
  • Repeat with the left hand.

Exercise 2.
  • Hold one hand straight up shoulder-high with fingers together and palm facing outward. (The position looks like a shoulder-high salute.)
  • With the other hand, bend the hand being exercised backward with the fingers still held together and hold for 5 seconds.
  • Spread the fingers and thumb open while the hand is still bent back and hold for 5 seconds.
  • Repeat five times for each hand.

Exercise 3. (Wrist Circle)
  • Hold the second and third fingers up, and close the others.
  • Draw five clockwise circles in the air with the two finger tips.
  • Draw five more counterclockwise circles.
  • Repeat with the other hand.

And apply cold packs.
That's not a panacea, but it helps a bit.
Stretch and do some warm ups before you get started. Then stretch again to cool down afterwards.

Rehearsal and shows can be physically intensive, so treat it like any other kind of exercise or workout. Stretch properly, warm up/cool down, and make sure you're fed and hydrated.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
To add to the advice above, if you are playing with a pick, make sure you don't hold it with a death grip. The tension alone of doing this will strain your hand and wrists.
Based on the thread title my answer was going to be completely different. See a doctor or one of those sports therapist things dude.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
im guessing you're a righty, if so, then the simplest thing to do is wrap your thumb around the neck whenever possible when playing, that pretty much does it for me. if its your picking hand then its your bad technique, you just gotta rest your hand and let it move up and down fast.

tldr you have bad technique
I'm a dirty fuckin' punk / i sell myself for a beer
It's probably no more than the aches and pains that all sports people get after a big game. Adrenaline cuts in and you work harder than you ever would at practice. your job doesn't help because it is essentially sedentary and creates its own problems for your body which is poorly evolved for sitting at a keyboard.

Most of that sort of pain is created by the accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles and microscopic tears in the muscle fibres themselves.

At the gig you can reduce the accumulation of lactic acid (caused by exercising faster than the blood supply can deliver oxygen to the muscles) by allowing your arm to drop between songs to improve blood flow and by massaging your fore arm.

You can reduce tearing of the muscles by better technique, you may be able to help this by simply changing your strap length so your wrist isn't bent into an unnatural position. Practice at home by fretting without your thumb touching the neck and then using the lightest of touches. You will learn to relax over time at gigs but we all tend to squeeze harder than is necessary at gigs, it's all pretty exciting of course. Relaxation and confidence are going to help you here.

Thirdly just build up you strength and fitness generally, stronger muscles and better blood flow is going to help a lot. Buy some weights or maybe join a gym.

If it persists go to a doctor,
This:
Quote by Tostitos
Stretch and do some warm ups before you get started. Then stretch again to cool down afterwards.

Rehearsal and shows can be physically intensive, so treat it like any other kind of exercise or workout. Stretch properly, warm up/cool down, and make sure you're fed and hydrated.

Warming up and stretching your playing muscles before-hand and cooling down afterwards takes only a few minutes and pays off huge in the long run, even when just practicing or rehearsing.
Learn your parts in different positions on the neck, and with different positions of your hand, depending on how complicated your parts are you can even try playing them over the top of the neck, which can look "cool" to your audience. When I was playing nightly 3 hr gigs with a bar band I was in, my hand would start to cramp and I found it helped just by changing the position of my hand on the neck or my fingers when plucking (ie. practice both floating thumb and ring/pinky/jaco muting if you're a fingerstyle player).
Stay hydrated, your muscles tire out more quickly when you're not properly hydrated.
You could also try focusing on your playing mechanics when you're practicing. I would develop hand cramps often when playing guitar (not so much on bass though) in both my fretting hand and picking hand because I had a death grip on both the neck and the pick. I later found out I didn't need to hold everything so tightly and had to unlearn those bad habits. It took a while, but my playing vastly improved and I even was able to play faster because of it.
Quote by PSimonR
You must be careful.
Or you will get carpel tunnel syndrome or other wrist issues (like me).
Try to turn the amp up so you don't have to strum so hard - just pretend
Get a split keyboard for your PC like this one, so that your writst is straight when typing:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/comfortable-ergo-keyboard/

this is the bass forum.

we don't do those kinds of things.
cqwood223
Which don't we do? The be careful? Turning the amp up? Not strumming so hard? Or having a split keyboard?

I mean, I don't have a split keyboard, but I want one.
FatalGear41
Quote by FatalGear41
Try soaking your wrist in a bucket of water and Epsom salts. It helps.

This is true! When I was pretty young, after practicing for something like 13 hours straight the day before a gig where I was playing an Yngwie Malmsteen cover (lol) My hand and wrist were in horrible shape, and it was so painful to play guitar that I thought I'd have to back out . My mom drew up a sink full of hot water and epsom salts, and some jasmine, and after a 15 minute soak I felt great, and was able to play the show no prob. this was also back in the days when I would binge practice until there was nothing left of my fingertips, apply several layers of superglue, and continue. reapplying every hour or two as i wore it away

I would also suggest some simple wrist stretches. Wear wristbands to keep the blood warm and flowing. massage and stretch your wrists before and after a gig.

who cares what people think? athletes stretch because they need their bodies to stay in shape in order to perform , so do you
Last edited by trashbeast at Feb 17, 2017,
After rehearsals or shows I usually proceed to consume large amounts of alcohol and make less than ideal decisions with the band mates and/or friends and fans.
Quote by bloatedcorpse13
Damn. When I saw "What do you do after rehearsal/show?" I was expecting a whole different conversation. Oh well...

I was going to put go home.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Left wrist meaning your fretting hand? If yes, a common problem with bass players due to the extra effort required to fret those fatty strings.

1st- build up your strength in both wrist and grip with regular training.
2nd- Video playing a gig and pay attention to wrist ergonomics. Adjust strap length or whatever you need to do to keep your wrist reasonably straight. Hanging your bass at your knees puts the wrist in an awkward position and magnifies wrist strain.

Watch this guy's left hand. Really good ergonomics that promote a lifetime of playing without wrist strain.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
When i was gigging i found a compression strap for half an hour or so afterwards helped me quite frequently as well as proper warm ups/cool downs and stretches.The other thing i would recommend is wrist rests on your PC. I work in IT and it's made a world of difference to the amount of wrist issues i have. 
I like Music, Photography and Scotch, or all three at once.