Page 1 of 2
longtime no see GG&A!

dont rly play guitar much anymore, tend to stick to DAWs or synths for writing music, but i picked up my jag when i was at my rents place recently and forgot how much i enjoyed pretending to be Robin Guthrie sooooooo..............

looking 2 make (tasteful-ish) 80s sounds + send synths and reverbs thru for Xtra lushness, shininess, sparkles and glitter.

preferably analogue, i guess, but not totally adverse to going digital if its like eventide or suttin equally glamourous (i will never be able 2 afford eventide so do not say eventide)

budget is kinda flexible, but im not looking to go boutique or high end tbh, hoping this will be a cheapass 1 time purchase that i will probably rarely use in reality lelelel. New is good, 2nd hand also good (see below)

i really liked the ibanez CS9 but dont wanna buy a new maxon coz im a cheapskate. atm im potentially thinking ehx bass clone or mxr analog chorus

alternatively: recommend me brands from 80s to look out for coz im slackin on my knowledge these days: eg: DOD, Maxon/ibanez, Yamaha etc
DOD FX65 great 80s chorus and can be had pretty cheap. bought mine back in the 80s when it first came out. haven't had the urge to replace it yet. (only pedal I've never replaced)
The Line 6 ToneCore Space Chorus might make you happy. The ToneCore base is made like a tank.

I'd also look for the Visual Sound H2O V2 (Echo/Chorus). Very nice pedal. Sound & durability are great- they made videos of a truck driving over a sister V2 pedal and still plying after. Since the V3 version has been released under the new company name (TrueTone), you may be able to find a good deal on a used one.

Line 6 ToneCore Space Chorus +
https://reverb.com/item/3936305-line-6-space-chorus-tap-tremolo-tonecore-pedal-and-modules-tap-tempo-free-shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-6-ToneCore-with-Verbzilla-Reverb-and-Space-Chorus-Guitar-Effect-Pedals-/292008695401?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Visual Sound H20 V2
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=visual%20sound%20h2o%20v2
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
+1 on the H2O. Good pedal.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
The MXR Analog Chrous is reasonably priced and just a great sounding chorus overall. Very warm and chewy sounding and the controls have a lot of range.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
there's that new ibanez mini analogue chorus which isn't too dear. I'm not sure if it's CS9-based, though. But if it is, it might be worth considering (I haven't tried it).

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
chewy

ಠ_ಠ
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ಠ_ಠ

?

Describing the way something sounds is not the easiest thing in the world.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I know, I'm just messing with you
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
¯\_ ⚆ ͟ʖ ⚆ _/¯
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
?

Describing the way something sounds is not the easiest thing in the world.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."

~ attributed to many creative people.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

h20 or cmatmods
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
¯\_ ⚆ ͟ʖ ⚆ _/¯

hahahaha

you're more expert at this than me, i had to go to knowyourmeme to get the characters for the disapproval emoticon
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
hahahaha

you're more expert at this than me, i had to go to knowyourmeme to get the characters for the disapproval emoticon

You may want to keep this website in your back pocket.

http://textsmili.es/
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
hahahahaha thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The MXR Analog Chrous is reasonably priced and just a great sounding chorus overall. Very warm and chewy sounding and the controls have a lot of range.
I would emphatically second this recommendation; fantastic pedal for the money but also a fantastic pedal in general.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
thanks for your advice everyone but ive decided to get a boss ch1

checked a few more demos and not sure i really like the mxr's after all, but dunno if thats a guitar/amp tone thing i have an issue with or the pedal itself being kinda overly crunchy/warm/saturated sounding?

how u gonna say cmatmods, plz learn 2 read i said im not a fucking nerd ffs

Quote by Dave_Mc
there's that new ibanez mini analogue chorus which isn't too dear. I'm not sure if it's CS9-based, though. But if it is, it might be worth considering (I haven't tried it).

!!! thank u, looks great and also small which is important coz my pedals tend to end up on desks or on top of keys and not on the floor these days lol

(ps. i remember u, werent u a mod years ago... how the mighty have fallen)

Quote by monwobobbo
DOD FX65 great 80s chorus and can be had pretty cheap. bought mine back in the 80s when it first came out. haven't had the urge to replace it yet. (only pedal I've never replaced)

god bless u
Last edited by ze monsta at Jan 26, 2017,
Quote by ze monsta
checked a few more demos and not sure i really like the mxr's after all, but dunno if thats a guitar/amp tone thing i have an issue with or the pedal itself being kinda overly crunchy/warm/saturated sounding?
For what it's worth, for me the beauty of the MXR is the amount you can adjust it. EQ, level, rate and depth covers just about everything really. Certainly it seems like your various adjectives would fall within the purview of those knobs. I can EQ it to retain clarity even when using it with gain. Also you can get it an extra bit cheaper 2nd hand because the Black Label Society model tends to go for less, for obvious reasons, while being the exact same pedal underneath. But at the end of the day if you no likey you no likey.

Quote by ze monsta
how u gonna say cmatmods, plz learn 2 read i said im not a fucking nerd ffs
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Seriously can't go wrong with Visual Sound. H2O is a great pedal
My God, it's full of stars!
ze monsta cmatmods. it's not hard, Google it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
ze monsta cmatmods. it's not hard, Google it.

oh, u new to this reading thing? kl, imma let u off but next time imma go out on a whim and say i dont care about ur pursuit of classic rawk t0nes via which homie made suttin in his car boot or w/e.

it sound like mud anyway, get over urself.

@K33nbl4d3 a #levelcontrol is v. important to me, i guess

as i said, imma be running shitty fm keyboards and some synths thru and wanna give em sum sparkle without having to trak things multiple times

whoever said line6 i dont completely abhor u, but i lol'd before remembering that was a staple of the post rock thread bitd tbh and tbf

ze monsta

Hey, YOU asked for "a cheapass 1 time purchase". The Space Chorus will do the job and be indestructible in the process.

As a keys guy, you might appreciate this:

I prefer the MXR micro chorus over the analog chorus, but the best is the stereo Chorus. Though it is best when used in stereo and I believe you are not willing to spend that much. Alternatively, the EHX small clone or the neo clone are good pedals too.
Quote by Gab_Azz
I prefer the MXR micro chorus over the analog chorus, but the best is the stereo Chorus. Though it is best when used in stereo and I believe you are not willing to spend that much. Alternatively, the EHX small clone or the neo clone are good pedals too.

small clone?
Last edited by ze monsta at Jan 27, 2017,
Quote by Dreadnought
I have a pedal from this dude/line that I really like, and this thing seems up your alley maybe since it's hella 80s and with trem + reverb

https://robertkeeley.com/product/seafoam-plus-chorus/

this sounds rlyrlyrly nice, thx pal

i have a keeley modded ad9 and it is the absolute shit, just not for guitars lol, its too gritty for me awesome with keys tho
I got a question, totally different
I'm about to buy pedal effects since i just dont like the emulation that i get from a multieffects and I was wondering what do i need to connect my pedal effects to a PA system, (im not planning on buying an amp combo since is to expensive) although do i need to buy atleast an amp head? or what do i exactly need to get the sound that I want to hear through the pa system?
Jeanpr002

It would be more...polite...to start your own thread with this unrelated question- or look for the "Quick Answers" thread- instrpead of threadjacking this one.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1633981&page=44#1758

Quote by Jeanpr002
I got a question, totally different
I'm about to buy pedal effects since i just dont like the emulation that i get from a multieffects and I was wondering what do i need to connect my pedal effects to a PA system, (im not planning on buying an amp combo since is to expensive) although do i need to buy atleast an amp head? or what do i exactly need to get the sound that I want to hear through the pa system?

ok i emailed NASA for you
Quote by ze monsta

!!! thank u, looks great and also small which is important coz my pedals tend to end up on desks or on top of keys and not on the floor these days lol

(ps. i remember u, werent u a mod years ago... how the mighty have fallen)

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ze monsta eventide or strymon

I also refuse to get over myself.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by ze monsta
this sounds rlyrlyrly nice, thx pal

i have a keeley modded ad9 and it is the absolute shit, just not for guitars lol, its too gritty for me awesome with keys tho

I love the keeley pedal I have, Aurora. so good. and fuckin' simple
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 2