Hey Guys,

So i'm no guitar pro or anything like that, and that's why i'm coming to you for help. I want to buy an acoustic guitar, it can be acoustic or electric-acoustic. I have played an Ibanez GIO 170RG for a few years and need something closer to the music I actually listen to. I want a guitar, no more than 300 Euros so ideally like 250 Euro which is the equivalent of 266 dollars. I'm not looking for a professional guitar as I am still a beginner. I was looking at the Epiphone HummingBird Pro vs the Dove Pro and can't get accurate advice. I want to play songs like Ed Sheeran - Photograph or I'm your's by Jason Mraz. All advice is welcome and required. I will answer any questions btw I live in Russia so I don't have the easiest access to something like GC :/

Thanks in Advance,
Kai
KaiGurney
Hi and welcome to Forum! I'd recommend Yamaha guitars for your price range, as they are usually in stock in guitar shops in your area (at least it's true for Belarus).
At first, check Yamaha F310. I bought one for brother and I was quiet impressed by its quality/price.
Another one you can check is Yamaha FG800 if it'll be in stock.
And check Yamaha APX500 series for electro-acoustic. These can be a little bit out of your price range, but not too much.
I played an Epiphone PR-150 awhile back and it was amazing for the money. Perfectly set up (I suspect the local shop set it up), $159 out the door as I recall. The neck was amazing on it. Cranky loves his EJ-220 (I think) and talks about them all the time, so I suspect those are pretty good (and probably a little out of your price range).

I've long admired the Dove/Hummingbird guitars. So much bling for so little money
Thanks Guys I think im going to get the Epiphone Hummingbird Pro anyone know if this site is decent? www.musik-produktiv.com ?
But like for example playing Ed sheeran songs and other variants similar, could an acoustic electric work well?
I don't know about that site, but Sweetwater.com is ran by some really nice folks. Never heard of any problems with them. I've mostly stuck to Amazon.com because of the no-questions return policy, but it's my understanding that most people outside the USA can't get amazon memberships.
TobusRex If our TS is talking about Thomann, he's in Europe, and Sweetwater, although granted is excellent, isn't a viable option.

Quote by KaiGurney
Thanks Guys I think im going to get the Epiphone Hummingbird Pro anyone know if this site is decent? www.musik-produktiv.com ?
I think more people would choose the mahogany "Hummingbird" over the maple "Dove". Epiphone's larger "EJ-200-SCE" is only available in maple, and is also a good option if you can abide the enormous size of the guitar.

Epiphone claims laminated tops on the acoustic only models, while the electric-acoustic models, are guaranteed to be all solid tops. IMHO, very worth it to step up to the E/A model, in any of the guitars you're considering.

As far as Dawson's standing as a dealer goes, I haven't anything to offer from personal experience. But judging by the quality of the demo videos, I wouldn't hesitate to give them a shot with a purchase.

I believe Thomann also enjoys a good customer satisfaction rating as well.

EDIT: Obviously, cross shop every purchase. You'll find reputable dealers have similar pricing, and I would be suspicious of a dealer offering extremely "low ball" pricing. (Excluding of course, "limited time offers" such as holiday sale pricing). It's hard to go wrong with the top tier 3 or 4 dealers on the web here in the USA. YM (obviously) MV.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 28, 2017,
Quote by KaiGurney
But like for example playing Ed sheeran songs and other variants similar, could an acoustic electric work well?

Of course.
Epiphone, Takamines, and Yahamas
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton