Hi all of you! Im from argentina, and someone offer me an Ibanez John scofield made in japan for my carvin JB200c. I was looking for a guitar like that but its a lot of money for me to give my guitar and find myself with a fake ibanez, the main problem is that he is on the other side of the country and i cant see the guitar in person until i got it from him.
im leaving some pictures to see if you can help me, i searched the serial number and its all ok, but for my tranquility I am searching for your help.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by almeidagabriel9 at Jan 26, 2017,
IMHO, I couldn't part with a Carvin JB. The Team J Craft bit on the back made me a little sketchy, then realized that's a staple of Ibanez MIJ(I really need another one, I have a made in Korea Ibby graveyard)

Apparently that was made in the Fuji-Gen factory in 2005.

I couldn't tell ya if its a chinese copy tbh
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
That's quite amusing - Chinese copies of Japanese brands founded on making copies.
Quote by prowla
That's quite amusing - Chinese copies of Japanese brands founded on making copies.

Considering fake Tokai guitars and Fake Burny guitars have been around for almost half a decade if not more now, this shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. There are fake Epiphones and Squiers too.

As per this guitar OP, I'm not an Ibanez expert but hopefully somebody can chime in.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Considering fake Tokai guitars and Fake Burny guitars have been around for almost half a decade

Decade, century, what's the difference.
If it's fake it definitely looks the part, its really pretty. I'm no expert on these sorts of Ibanez though so I couldn't tell you if it was fake.

I wouldn't rule out that nobody would bother faking these guitars though. Such a mindset is the very reason why fake Epiphones, Squiers and the like are sold to people in the first place; everybody assumes there's no point faking a cheap guitar and so they automatically assume that all of them are real. That's what makes them such great guitars to copy.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by chaosinsues5
Decade, century, what's the difference.

I meant fake Tokai as in somebody faking a Tokai guitar. As in people slapping Tokai badges on cheap MIC guitars and selling them as a legit MIJ Tokai etc... not Tokai and Burny making Gibson style guitars btw in case that was a confusing statement.

I was moreso trying to point out that the reason why people fake less popular brands like that. A lot of people say 'who would fake an Epiphone? Why wouldn't you just fake a Gibson they are worth more?' Well that might be true but somebody selling a Chibson LP as a Gibson for 500 bucks is gonna get a lot more scrutiny than somebody selling a fake Epiphone for 250 on ebay. You might just get swindled with a fake Epiphone if you assume only certain things can be fake is all I was trying to say.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
looks real to me. nice guitar. best I can tell you is to try at an Ibanez forum as they likely would have guys that know about how to spot fakes. that's not really a high demand guitar so doesn't seem like a good target for a fake. if it is a fake then they did a damn nice job.
H4T3BR33D3R

Oh, sorry, man. I missed the word 'fake' in your first post.

Thought you were referring to Tokai making guitars since the '60's, which if my info is correct is when they began making guitars. That's why I thought you misspoke and said half decade instead of half century.