that's normal for the single coil i think (though that doesn't excuse the setup problem)

personally i'd rather have the ibanez, and i think it arguably the higher quality/better guitar, but that's not much consolation if you don't really get on with it (which is what it sounds like from your post).

the lo-pro edge should be pretty low if it's set up properly i think. but again if you just don't like it....

At £1700 you're getting into the serious stuff... vigier, musicman, suhr, stuff like that. hard to say for sure since prices can vary quite a bit when you take sales, discontinued models etc. into account.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
£1700? Musicman.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Why not another Jackson? The difference in the Jackson Jumbo and LTD Extra Jumbo frets is noticable in the feel.

If you look at M-IIs make sure the neck radius is what you want - my LTD EC-1001 has a 350mm and my E-II Eclipse has a 305mm.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
all guitars will need a setup. I've never played anything that was perfect out of the box.
Ibanez stock pups kind of suck.
The only S that sounds great out of the box is the Upper Cut.

The real star of ibanez's lineup in that price range is the JBM though.

Don't spend 1700 pounds though. That's a weird budget breakpoint. You can spend less and get a perfectly nice production guitar or spend a bit more for a skervesen, suhr, vigier etc.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
all guitars will need a setup. I've never played anything that was perfect out of the box.
Ibanez stock pups kind of suck.
The only S that sounds great out of the box is the Upper Cut.

The real star of ibanez's lineup in that price range is the JBM though.

Don't spend 1700 pounds though. That's a weird budget breakpoint. You can spend less and get a perfectly nice production guitar or spend a bit more for a skervesen, suhr, vigier etc.
They're not really Ibby stock on Prestige series, though. Those tend to be DiMarzio.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They're not really Ibby stock on Prestige series, though. Those tend to be DiMarzio.

they use velvets or air nortons...I'm not a really big fan of them.

The titans are really good.
Quote by AcousticMirror
they use velvets or air nortons...I'm not a really big fan of them.

The titans are really good.
Opinion aside, they beat all hell out of the Infinity and Quantum in-house pish.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Opinion aside, they beat all hell out of the Infinity and Quantum in-house pish.

yes those are super terrible.

the s he has is an discontinued model that comes with specially designed pickups though. the dimarzios are better then then quantum but i don't have high hopes for the specially designed ones that particular prestige comes with.

although why not just get another jackson. the op already knows he likes them.
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jan 27, 2017,
you need lower output warmer pickups not very many stock ibanez's are going to have pickups voiced that way.
especially not those in the s or r series with floyds.

most stock pickups are pretty bad though.

that being said..you know you like the soloist. the new soloists are very good.

or a skervy.
Quote by GodZoo
I think Musicman guitars look like lollypops..

Vigier are 2 grand upwards and look too much like classic strats for my tastes.

Suhr Modern Pro nearly 3 grand..

There are cheaper examples than that- nothing's as cheap as it was, but you can get MusicMans under your budget, and also Vigiers, and also Suhrs.

https://worldguitars.co.uk/product-category/guitars/electric-guitars/vigier/ (some of those are ex-demo models)

https://www.reidys.com/br/guitars/electric_guitars/vigier/r

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/?brand_0=vigier

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars.asp?brandname=Suhr&order=3

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/?brand_0=suhr

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/?brand_0=music-man&order_by=4

if you don't like the looks of them that's absolutely fair enough, but if you're discounting them because you think they're out of budget...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
there are a bunch of suhrs there at £1699 (at least there are in my link). You said you might be willing to go to £1700

as i said though if you don't like them there's not much point, ditto the vigiers

the USA jacksons are very nice (the ones i've tried anyway) so if you know you like it, as AcousticMirror said, it's probably the sensible option. EDIT: apparently that's not a USA Jackson. The SL2 used to be a USA one.

Honestly I think you can do better for your budget, but it's totally up to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 29, 2017,
I played and enjoyed the a pair of the ESP E-II's. in my opinion they are a tier up on the ltd's.

I would take a good look at musicmans
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hi, since i cant find a thread here or do a new one to ask this questions, i was hoping that you guys can help me:

If i buy a amp (fender deluxe rod or twin reverb) can I put an output line out from the amp and directo a console, (pa system), also do the sound stops from the amp speaker once you connect that output line or it still goes anyways?
GodZoo you know what you want, which is good, i can't damn you for that, but it looks like you are going to have to give in somewhere.

the E-II's are great, i played an eclipse and horizon and would feel good about buying either.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Carvin In stock guitars?
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
I was thinking and i know ibanez makes a 3570 prestige which is two buckers, direct mount WITH a trem. i have one that is identical, but has a hardtail. too many numbers to remember though. lol.

edit... here is the link to the one i bought. if it had a trem, it would tick most of the boxes. https://reverb.com/item/3012026-ibanez-rg3521gk-prestige-2012-galaxy-black

$600 is a good price IMO. i own five prestiges.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jan 31, 2017,
GodZoo i don't think i have ever used customer service on anything barring a bad batch of strings or drum sticks.

IMO the tone wood debate is null, but I understand and respect the fact that you have your preferences.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!