I guess some peopole pay extra for corroded hardware, but not me

So my 335 which is about a year old has corrosion on the bridge and the tuners.... Also the frets etc are filthy...

I have barely played the guitar (annoyingly), so what should I do?

Take it back to the shop? Or just deal with the problem myself.... It could come back again....

Please help
Is there any chance that where you store it could be contributing to the issue? Like humidity or salt water near (beach?). I'm pretty sure that filth on the fretboard comes primarily from your hands.
Quote by fly135
Is there any chance that where you store it could be contributing to the issue? Like humidity or salt water near (beach?). I'm pretty sure that filth on the fretboard comes primarily from your hands.

+1

clean the fretboard, polish the frets (#0000 steel wool just tape over your pickups).

as far as the corrosion goes, we need pics.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like to clean the hardware with a matchstick or something made with wood so it wont scratch the metal and then polish it with real wool. You could always oil it afterwards too with a micro amount of gun/machine oil or some kind of wax.
I've traditionally waxed my guitars with plain old carnauba wax. If you've got gold-plated hardware, it's the only way to go, and I've got gold-hardware guitars from the '70's that still look very good. It even protects from play wear.

I store my guitars with a VCI (Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor) emitter in the case. These run about $10 from theruststore.com and are available in a lot of other areas as well. Gun owners store their guns in VCI bags and NASA wraps extremely expensive parts for storage in VCI wraps of all kinds and stores instrumentation in air-tight cases with VCI emitters. Highly recommended.

Never put your guitar away sweaty. If you're going to store a guitar, put a long piece of plastic between the strings and the frets (ESP guitars ship this way) to reduce micro electric currents that corrode the guitar.
dspellman the guitar repair shops I visit use Meguiars wax and polish ..Im sure other brands work as well..but the thinking is: if its good enough for a 100k+ Porsche..

works great on my Les Paul classic...
play well

wolf
Quote by wolflen
dspellman the guitar repair shops I visit use Meguiars wax and polish ..Im sure other brands work as well..but the thinking is: if its good enough for a 100k+ Porsche..

works great on my Les Paul classic...

That's funny -- I've actually been using Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (in the burgundy bottle) on my bar guitars. Easy on, easy off. Easy to find at places like Walmart.