Hi all. I have a vintage modified stratocaster 70's
I want to install either p90s or humbuckers in it, but i don't know which one to get.
i play mainly metallica, descendents, black flag and nirvana.
i'm also trying to get my own sound for my band, which is similar to "Coolidge" by descendents.

thank you everyone for your help
Are you needing SC sized pups?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'd probably go for Rio Grande Dirty Harry pups for the Descendents.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Seconded.

Another good option would be Bareknuckles' hotter options. With the £ slipping vs the $, they've effectively dropped in price quite a bit.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Humbuckers, not P-90s, for that style of music.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Seymor duncun hotrails for a SC sized humbucker. You won't be disappointed.
ESP Iron Cross Sig model, Fernandes RetroRocket Sunburst, Taylor 214CE, Peavey XXX Super 40, DimeBag Crybaby from Hell, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, MXR Chorus, and a Flashback Delay and Looper.
Quote by badmemory
Hi all. I have a vintage modified stratocaster 70's
I want to install either p90s or humbuckers in it,

P90's will require serious modifications to your pickguard and are subject to more noise issues than most strat-level single coils.
If it were me, I'd look at the single-coil size humbuckers that are available. I have Hot Rails in the middle and neck positions of one guitar and they're fine. I have a DiMarzio Fast Track II in the neck position of one of my Les Pauls (don't ask) and even though it's designed for the *bridge* position of a strat-- it's an 18Kohm output pickup -- it's absolutely amazing on the LP in the neck. And yes, it's significantly louder than the 9.2Kohm '57 I have in the bridge position on that guitar.

You're going to want to run a different set of pots, of course (500's vs 250's).
dspellman SC sized P90's do exist. That's what the Dirty Harries are. I have one in my Esquire, it sounds like a P90, man. I think Lindy Fralin (or maybe Lollar) make some too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Creamery makes Strat-sized P-90s too, and like Bareknuckle the devalued pound makes them a bit more affordable. I haven't tried the Strat-90s but I have a Tele-90 in the neck of my partscaster and it sounds damn close to the real deal.
Cathbard

I'll have to try some of those; I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around what a single coil size P90 sounds like.
Lindy Fralin showed me some P90's a couple of years ago that he said reduced the noise. Problem is, he simply underwound the suckers and they sounded gutless. I've got Lollars on a Collings 290, and they're okay, but...just. Honestly, the best P90's I have are originals ('40's, '50's Gibsons), the Mike Reilander hand-wounds, and the Kinman Noiseless.
Cathbard haha I love that movie. You won't have much luck with p90s in a Strat, I don't think. Fender has a video on how to put in humbuckers on a Strat.
dspellman The tracks in the "my band" link in my sig were all done with a Dirty Harry. Sure it's into a SLO so it won't sound trad P90 because of that but you can pick its P90ishness
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification