Hi guys.
I bought an acoustic guitar yesterday after having had my eye on it for a month or so. It sounds good, but I have absolutely no idea what the company is. I'm just curious if any of you would know.

That's the logo on the headstock. There's a tiny sticker on the back of the neck, but it's all in Chinese.
The piece of paper inside the guitar had the model number 'B41 DDL' written on it, and 'BK' stamped on it separately. That's all the info I have :/

Any ideas?
I think it's a Taylor! Just kidding of course, but it does put one in mind of a Taylor head stock. Other than that, not a clue. Let me apologize in advance for the other guys, they can't speak Chinese either. (At least not to my knowledge).

The sticker on the back of the neck is likely nothing more than, "inspected by #12", in Chinese.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 28, 2017,
I have no idea, but you might as well show us the rest of the guitar
My God, it's full of stars!
Well then.

Don't laugh at my bed okay I'd do something about it if I still lived at home.
Honesty man, trying find that out is like trying find a needle in hay stack when it comes to china.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Blackwaterson89
Honesty man, trying find that out is like trying find a needle in hay stack when it comes to china.

Yeah, I can't even phone anyone there to find out because the country is so full of Wings and Wongs, every time you wing you get the wong number :P
Haha, They make fake Martins man and get away with it because of the copyright laws there. China is shady when comes to things like that. Did it have a serial number?
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
My Only advice hunt for it on Ebay. It is going be impossible to figure out.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
My Only advice hunt for it on Ebay. It is going be impossible to figure out.

Eh, too much work. I guess I'll just add to my UG gear list as 'Dunnolol' xD Thanks for the help.
There is true that Tony. You never find them online either, you find them in local music shops.
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Jan 28, 2017,
There is no telling man.
Spinnerweb As long as the guitar makes you happy, I wouldn't obsess over who made it. It will more than likely be the only one of its kind you'll run into during your lifetime.

I tried some search terms such as "Chinese guitar". I came up with 742 items when I clicked on one result, "Alibaba". (Basically China's Amazon). While I doubt China has the per capita guitars that the US does, you need to take into consideration there are 3+ billion Chinese.

If you feel like wasting time and doing some "research", why not scour YouTube for "Chinese fake Martin copies" or similar. I saw a video of a man who bought one for about $400.00. It looked like a D-45, (bling and all), and didn't sound half ass bad either. I personally dislike the "Martin sound", (they often seem a bit dull to me, at least the dreads with old strings sure do), and the Chinese copy, being a bit brighter, actually appealed to me a bit more. Your hearing, and mileage may, of course differ...
I can not in right state of mind buy that chinese copy of that martin man. For me it is just not ethical. If they put a different name on there cool but completely try to fake it bothers my mountain blood.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
I can not in right state of mind buy that chinese copy of that martin man. For me it is just not ethical. If they put a different name on there cool but completely try to fake it bothers my mountain blood.
Well, this should be another brootal shock to your system. From what I gathered in the video, the gentleman could have had the guitar say "Martin", should he have so chosen.

"Copies", are a total argument unto themselves. I have an Epiphone "SG", it's a "copy", albeit a corporate sanctioned copy.

If you have $4000.00 on hand to spend for a single guitar, God bless you. (Beware incoming purely academic statement incoming) OTOH, I'm kind of tired of all the rationalizations, and fairly stories that get handed to denigrate instruments from other countries. The ideas that there's some "secret sauce" inside a Martin, and the luthiers of other countries don't take pride in their work, are both preposterous.

Many people aren't as possessed as others when it comes to spending 4 grand for one guitar. I wouldn't, (read "can't afford to do it), and enjoy hopping from one type of Asian guitar to another for the same investment, (I have 10), as opposed to being stuck playing one Martin. I bought a couple stinkers sight unheard too. They sit in the back bedroom, tuned down and ignored, without much remorse or second thoughts. God forbid it would have been a high end piece I came to despise, a way different debacle.

So Martin made its own Martin copies, Sigma. And I don't see anything wrong with a Chinese Martin copy, provided you don't, try to pass it off as a Martin, convince yourself it's a Martin, and last but never ever least, try to sell it to someone as a "Martin".

The sad part of the truth which accompanies the, "USA, we're number one", dogma, is that we're not really number one at anything, anymore.
That were you are wrong man. Gibson owns Epiphone. Martin used to own Sigma. Takamine and Jasmine are owned by the same company. I don't have a lot of money to buy guitars. Epiphones say epiphone. Sigma says Sigma. Jasmine says Jasmine. These sorry people in China are calling them Martins making money off Martin name that that Martin have work hard for well over 100 years to maintain. They have not relation to Martin. I dont mind they copy the model just they need put their own name on it. I am fine with that. However to put Martin's name on it is a different thing. It is unethical. Just cause legal in their country doesn't make it right. I have watched the video of that Martin copies a few months ago, it is nothing new to me. Also in this day in age it is different. Takamine have good decent guitars for budget and Martins have guitars that are 600 dollars. Epiphone make damn good guitars too. Blueridge and Washburn makes damn good ones in that price range too. Martin sells kits where you can make you own for 500 dollars if you want go that route. There are many routes to go before buying a fake martin. I being playing guitar for 12 years man. Nothing a shock to my system. Things like a fake Martin make shake my head. Ive researched them but at the end of the day, they are just stealing money from other hard working companies. I have D28 that my Grandfather made from scraps of a martin kit he used to make another one. He didn't put Martin on it though, cause at the end of day it is not a Martin. I would recommend any one who didn't have the money did have the money to get a Martin but want one is to get low end Takamine. So it is not that USA thing, it a moral thing.

Edit: I am not trying stir any ill will, I just wanted to explain my position.
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Jan 28, 2017,
Blackwaterson89 Well no, I absolutely wouldn't buy a Martin copy with the Martin name on it. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression.

There's the overarching issue of everything being a copy of something else. Today when you say, "single cut electric", everyone automatically realizes you're talking about a Les Paul clone or relative. All of these direct copy issues were once with Japan, decades ago. ,Guitars from that period are often referred to as "lawsuit guitars" where everything down to exact measurement was copied.

Today, I believe as long as you don't copy the exact head stock shape, the rest of the guitar is fair game. "Dreadnought" is a generic shape, as is the Les Paul, Jumbo, and others.

I did see a J-200 copy / clone from a familiar name in electrics, (forgot just whose though), which patently wasn't allowed to be sold in the US. UPDATE: It was an ESP "LTD Acoustic", and the guitar is now out of their line. However, none of their acoustics are available in the US anyway.

Both the Strat and Telecaster body styles are long beyond patent restrictions, and every brand "pays homage", to those timeless designs.

So, "copying" is the rule rather than the norm. Do I think a verbatim copy is ethical, NO. Do I think putting another maker's name on the head stock is ethical? I absolutely do not.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 29, 2017,
Ah, I believe we just misunderstood each other then and actually on the same page.
Quote by Spinnerweb
Yeah, I can't even phone anyone there to find out because the country is so full of Wings and Wongs, every time you wing you get the wong number :P
Ages ago, this was related to a "trick question", in a very popular game, "Trivial Pursuit".

It went like this, "What's the most common surname on the planet"? Predictably, people would answer, "Smith", or "Jones". Well, it's "Chang"!
Quote by Captaincranky
Ages ago, this was related to a "trick question", in a very popular game, "Trivial Pursuit".

It went like this, "What's the most common surname on the planet"? Predictably, people would answer, "Smith", or "Jones". Well, it's "Chang"!

Further proof, if needed , that Americans think that the world ends with them. Hence everyome else is an 'alien.' :P