I am currently looking to but a new overdrive to tighten up the bass on my engl fireball when played with my Jackson slatt (emgs, drop c tunning). I currently use the zakk Wylde overdrive but it doesn't quite do what I'm after. I've seen the horizon precision drive but the waiting list is til may and I don't want to wait till then.

Budget is £100/ $120 but could push slightly more for a good one
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
Any OD that has a knob that adjusts bass, not just a "tone" knob like tubescreamers.

Two that I'd recommend are the MXR Custom Modified Badass OD and the Way Huge Green Rhino.

The MXR is modeled after a Boss SD-1 circuit which is a touch more hairy/grindy than a TS; the Green Rhino is modeled after the TS circuit which is a touch smoother.

Both have adjustment of the 100hz region (bass), so you can cut or boost that frequency to get it just right. I have the MXR and find that adjustment very useful when switching between guitars. At "noon" that adjustment is pretty neutral, I mean, the circuit still cuts some bass like most OD pedals do, but with some guitars, cutting just a little bit more helps yield a really tight tone. And with some amps I find that adding a little bass up front sounds good. That, and it's just a really nice sounding pedal --- adds that special sauce to my tone.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
^ but a ts already has a bass cut.

granted with a knob you can fine tune it to get it exactly right, as you said.

i wonder how close the badass is to the ZW, though... if he doesn't like the ZW, he might not like the badass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a TS9 Tube Screamer! With the mid-focus, it would make the bass sound tight and removes excessive aggressive noise in the highs frequencies generated by a high gain setting. If you still do not like the tone, then you could try the MXR M108 10 band EQ and go surgical on the frequencies.
Tc electronic mojo mojo has a bass knob. Can't help you otherwise as I'm not well versed in the od pedal world.
Full tone 2 mosfet would be great. $80 used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/