Hello guys, im trying to get Mustaine´s guitar tone from his live stuff.

Some examples: (most of them are from the same concert, click on them and it will start in the exact minute of the song i mean)

(Check this)

I have a Bugera G5 Infinium (Blackstar HT5 clone) valve amp. I have no idea about how can i get this tone using the eq.

My guitar is a Jackson King V KVXMG

Thanks for reading=P
Last edited by Rau1 at Jan 29, 2017,
Yeah, you probably won't get a JCM800 type tone out of that amp of yours. You need EL35 tubes, a big output transformer, and a 2x12 or 4x12 cab.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Too many folks in this forum trying to use entry level amps to sound like world class bands. At some point there is a minimum amount of money you need to spend to get in the ballpark.
Quote by 8Len8
Too many folks in this forum trying to use entry level amps to sound like world class bands. At some point there is a minimum amount of money you need to spend to get in the ballpark.

You got that right.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
8Len8 I was looking for more expensive amps, but the problem was their potency. 50w or 100w its too much for home.
Quote by Rau1
8Len8 I was looking for more expensive amps, but the problem was their potency. 50w or 100w its too much for home.
There are many good 20W amps on the market. That, or a 50W amp with a re-amper (Unleash, Power Station, Ultimate). I'd just stay away from EL-84 amps or solid state / modelers.
How to sound like Megadeth with a Bugera G5? Not gonna happen. Buy a new amp.
Quote by Rau1

This is an incredibly common misconception. Why not just use the master volume? That's what its there for.

The vast, vast majority of metal tones come from overdriving the preamp, not the power amp. You can overdrive the preamp tubes at any volume. It isn't 1972 anymore were the only amount of distortion you could get out of an amp was by clipping the power section with stupidly high volumes. Amp design has moved on.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Rau1 he's usually light on bass and a little light on mids, so start at all tone controls on middle and move the bass to the left a few notches, bump up the high to the right a bit and gain, start somewhere in the middle as his rhythm sounds are not very heavy gain. Then bump up a little more if needed, I think gain at about 7 will probably be right. Might need to pump more volume on this in order to sound right as he definitely has some tube saturation in his sound, which I am not sure your amp will have. Use bridge pickup on the guitar.