Has anybody used any really good, in-depth books about guitar building? One that covers pretty much everything from tools needed to techniques and technical specs.
Thanks.
Quote by BadBikaDamo
Has anybody used any really good, in-depth books about guitar building? One that covers pretty much everything from tools needed to techniques and technical specs.
Thanks.

This was the bible for beginners; Make Your Own Electric Guitar by Melvyn Hiscock (ISBN: 9780953104901). There are others but this is the most recommended.
Quote by BadBikaDamo

Cheers Dude, just looked it up and there's one going cheep on ebay :-) Thanks.

No problem, glad to help
I have the Melvyn Hiscock book. It covers all the basics but doesn't go into too much detail. Also there's nothing in it that you couldn't find on the internet. The best resource for me was reading many build reports from different forums, and seeing different tools and techniques in use. There's always more than one way to accomplish each task, and it's good to be aware of the possibilities.
sashki

And YouTube... Plenty on there posted by well known luthiers. Ben @ Crimson Guitars has done endless podcasts, etc, Ormsby's "Multiscale Custom Video Diary" is still on there and one of my favourites to watch. Loads more.