So yeah i need solo suggestions to improve myself.

Solos i can play;

So far away
Nothing else matters :P
Master of puppets (Hetfield)

You can say I am a complete beginner and i want to improve myself as much i can do.

Any music genre is okay for me but it would be nice if its in standard tuning (Floyd rose)
Living after midnight by Judas Priest has a popular beginner solo. If you're into Metallica, look at the intro solo of the Day that never comes as well, and the first solo in Orion though it might have some fast parts that are out of your league for now.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Scorpions "No One Like You" is an excellent beginning solo to work out. Not least of all because once you have the main solo transcribed, you can work on figuring out the harmony (which if memory serves, is a fifth above the main).

Also Ambrosia had a song on their "Road Island" release called "Endings" which was very easy to work out. David Pack's phrasing is a wonderful thing to aspire to.

Other than those two, pick out solos from artists that you want to play like, and transcribe the hell out of them. Every solo. Every song. As a beginner, you may miss a note here and there, but as you grow you can come back and pick up more subtle aspects of the difficult ones. That's how you get to list your "influences"!

* On edit, for "No One Like You" I actually mean the intro. It's very defined, with breaks that make it easy to work on.
Last edited by Arthur_Frain at Jan 30, 2017,
I am just beginning and I know only C;G;D guitar chords. I am strumming okay. Its my dream to play the song called "The Town I knew So Well". Its an Irish Ballad. Does anyone know if I can learn this song with those three chords? and if so can you help me to find the chord and lyrics for it please?
sparklz
I am a complete beginner at the good old age of 65 but I only know how to play C; D and G chords. I am strumming okay with one easy song but its my dream to be able to sing and play the Irish Ballad called "The Town I loved So Well". If anyone can help me I would be grateful. Can I possibly use those three chords to learn this song? or am I aiming too high? If I can use these chords can someone please help me or tell me where I could find the lyrics and the three chord change for it? Thank you so much.
Quote by sparklz
I am just beginning and I know only C;G;D guitar chords. I am strumming okay. Its my dream to play the song called "The Town I knew So Well". Its an Irish Ballad. Does anyone know if I can learn this song with those three chords? and if so can you help me to find the chord and lyrics for it please?

Don't know why you posted this here and didn't create a new thread, but yes, you can play it with those three chords (it also has an Am that can be replaced by C major and Em that can be replaced by G major). I would really suggest using your ears to figure out when to play which chord. There are just three choices, so it shouldn't be too difficult to figure that out (it's also good ear training). If it's too difficult, we can help you. But I would first suggest trying to do it yourself. It is a good skill to be able to recognize simple three chord progressions by ear.

This version is in the key of G major so those chords will work over it (though in the end it modulates to Ab major).

You could of course also learn Am and Em chords and just play the song with the "correct" chords and not a simplified version. Those chords are easy to play (easier than any of the chords that you already know) and they are pretty commonly used.

Remember that if your knowledge of chords is limited, capo is your friend. By using capo you can use the same fingerings in all keys. For example if you only know open C, G and D major chords (that work in songs that are in the key of G), but the song you wanted to play was in the key of A, you could just put the capo on the 2nd fret and use the chords that you already know.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115