I have a 10w amp that came from a sawtooth beginner guitar kit from amazon. Can my amp work with this pedal and is it a good choice? My amp does not have distortion, just gain. Also, my budget for a pedal is ~$30.

Thank you
there is a good chance it will sound flat out terrible to be honest.

there are very few 'metal' pedals that sound halfway decent.

i also don't trust anything behringer has ever made, cheap is cheap.

joyo pedals are in a similar price range, and while not tanks, but they will outlast the behringer plastic POS.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Dude, I'm really not looking for perfect, its $30, I expect terrible

PS I'm going to check out the joyo pedal reviews
$30 can get you better though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
There's a lot better out there than Behringer. Have you considered buying used?
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by ballajoe010
Dude, I'm really not looking for perfect, its $30, I expect terrible

PS I'm going to check out the joyo pedal reviews
If you expect terrible then just send me the $30. I'll put it to better use. You should really try to buy something that you look forward to, or save up for something. Don't buy it just to have a pedal in front of your amp.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
I am looking forward to this, just strapped for money, I'm buying a few guitar products the other are necessary so this is the budget for a pedal, the joyo pedal looks promising
If I remember right, that ultra metal is a clone of a metal zone? Which can be had used cheaper than 30 bucks because no one likes them. Modified ones are cool though. And bosses are tanks.

The joyos are probably the best bang for the buck though. Cheap enough to get you going and last long enough to save for better things down the line.
Liaztraht

Looking at the used metal zone almost made me tear a bit, its still out my budget . I will come back for a bettter pedal later in the year but my amp doesnt really have distortion it just sounds weird on my treble strings(e-G)

https://www.amazon.com/JF-02-Ultimate-Overdrive-featuring-components/dp/B005M0CK9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485734281&sr=8-1&keywords=joyo+pedal+distortion

Is this good?
ballajoe010 if it's good depends on how much distortion/gain you want.

What type of music do you play? And your location?

If you're in the states, guitar center has a huge used online section, and deals can be had.
I'm in the Bahamas I have to pay shipping fees, I need just enough for bands like flyleaf, evanescence for now, but I do also listen to korn and slayer a lot but I'm pretty sure I cannot get their tone-which is alright because I can't play their songs yet(4 months in so far)
Yuck, hate the sound of that joyo pedal. Its a 70s jazzy metal at highest distortion. And worst if lower to the point of blues, its bad enough I'm already using a strat
ballajoe010 This guy dislikes metal pedals, but likes the pocket metal.
He also reviews and demos a load of joyo pedals.

if $30 is your budget, that is fine. i would get a USED boss metalzone or a USED digitech metal master. they IMO don't sound good, but at least they will last.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
if $30 is your budget, that is fine. i would get a USED boss metalzone or a USED digitech metal master. they IMO don't sound good, but at least they will last.
The metal zone is very usable if careful with the eq. And there are a few mods that greatly improve it if good with a soldering iron. Modded ones still aren't the greatest, but I still rocked mine for years.
Strapped for cash is a legit reason for buying cheap if and only if you are also pressed for time.

So unless you really need a metal OD pedal because you're on some kind of deadline- gigging, contest, recital, whatever- you're better off waiting until you can afford a decent pedal that you won't be looking to replace within the year.

Otherwise, you may find yourself on the cheap gear replacement treadmill, never able to afford better stuff because you keep buying cheap stuff as soon as you can. Or when it inevitably disappoints.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
ballajoe010 Gain is distortion. It should also have a drive select switch. Play with those until you get something that works.

Cheap pedals often will be a WASTE of your money. It is not worth buying. Even worse, a cheap pedal into a cheap SS amp is a recipe for disaster. The tone will be uninspiring, disgusting. I would suggest to save your money for an amp that will be much more worthwhile to you.
Will Lane I 'am' getting a pedal, this thread is a matter of which one under a $30 budget. Besides, I don't know when my next shipment will be it could be years. Besides, I could always jam on my campus amp in the band block rooms
Just get an interface and play on your computer. I dont think its even worth the 30 bucks for a pedal considering your amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That literally changes nothing about my suggestion but rage away.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R I have an interface already, I just have no idea how to use it yet xD
Feels like a steep learning curve so its going to take a while to understand the plug-ins and loading them up, I tried using it before but I didnt had the application thingies so there was no sound.
Quote by ballajoe010
H4T3BR33D3R I have an interface already, I just have no idea how to use it yet xD
Feels like a steep learning curve so its going to take a while to understand the plug-ins and loading them up, I tried using it before but I didnt had the application thingies so there was no sound.

What interface are you using? It seems daunting but honestly its not too hard. The things that make your sounds are called VST programs and they can be downloaded and used with your interface to produce the sounds you want. If you want really good free stuff look up LePou and their Hybrit and 456 as well as the Nick Crow 8505.

Youll need an amp VST (think of it as a head) youll need an impulse loader (think of it as a cab) and the impulses to load (think of them as speakers) and once you have that you are good to go.

What recording software do you use? I mostly use reaper but i know other people can help with things like pro tools or whatever if you arent using reaper.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
H4T3BR33D3R I have Audacity to record when I was a heavy gamer, not sure about its audio quality in comparison to others but it should be decent.

"Youll need an amp VST (think of it as a head) youll need an impulse loader (think of it as a cab) and the impulses to load (think of them as speakers) and once you have that you are good to go."
Oh gosh, first time even hearing about impulse loaders- this going to be a long night. I might as well get this out the way today. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ugh
lol its literally 2 programs and some wav files man, get a grip.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jan 31, 2017,
Quote by ballajoe010
H4T3BR33D3R I have Audacity to record when I was a heavy gamer, not sure about its audio quality in comparison to others but it should be decent.

"Youll need an amp VST (think of it as a head) youll need an impulse loader (think of it as a cab) and the impulses to load (think of them as speakers) and once you have that you are good to go."
Oh gosh, first time even hearing about impulse loaders- this going to be a long night. I might as well get this out the way today. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ugh

Check out Peavey ReValver. They take of all of that stuff for you and the user interface is really easy - pedals -> Amp -> speaker cabinet and there is a section of typical effects loops.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .