help guys! i don't know totally what i am looking for!

i want to make sure i give you all as much info as possible.

at the moment i have a basic setup of an sm57, scarlet 2i4, and reaper. i have shitty monitors (KRK rockitt 6) but i got the pair stupid cheap. i have a nice pair of sennheiser headphones that i use as well.

my computer is relatively stout. its a HP desktop with 64bit windows10. 16gb ram, i7, 2tbhd, etc. its about a year old, runs great.
___

at the moment all i am recording is guitar tracks with bass and vocals. at the moment i don't feel that i need more channels.
___

i want a DI and a Re-amper, i am not totally sure what to go for, and honestly don't understand the whole thing, but from what i have been reading, it would ease some of the issues of recording (for me i am talking about having to redo tracks because of settings on my amps. also what cables would i need? $300 is a maximum price for combined DI and reamper box.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a Radial passive DI box which when in reverse could be used to reamp as well. Might be just a touch noisier than my Radial ProRMP reamper but not by much and both could be used. It could be possible that is all you need. In this case the DI box is just put in reverse, the output of the interface which most likely will be 1/4inch to XLR female, then the other side just a 1/4 guitar cable.

I have a Radial passive reamper which also works great, only niggle I had with it is that it needed a special cable that I had to special order as it needed male XLR to 1/4 inch male as my interface output is 1/4 inch out. So in this case, the cable just specified coming out of the interface, then regular guitar cable at the other end plugging into the amp.
Go Radial 100%, preferably active. Same with Reamp box.

Rule of thumb: For active, line-level instruments (keyboards, synths, EMG guitars) you would want a passive DI box. For passive instruments such as electric guitar pickups or bass, you'd want an active DI box. Active DI will amplify the signal before it's converted to lo-Z mic level so you don't lose dynamics or tonal qualities.

Was using a passive LiveWire DI box for the longest time, which was better than instrument-in on the interface but still lacking a bit of dynamics and high-end response. Upgraded to a Radial Pro24 and it's been a massive improvement, no contest.
I got one of these for reamping and it works a treat.

https://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/products/l2a

My soldering skills are rudimentary at the absolute best, and even I pulled it off. Haha.

I'll second the suggestion for Radial DI stuff. I also have the J48 passive box.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Passive all the way for me, active actually adds extra coloring, but honestly A/B both and make your decision. I've had some issues with noise and dynamic DIs, no issues with Radial passive DI boxes. I look for the transformer DI boxes, Radial come with Jensen transformer.

I actually bought the ProD2 which is a stereo DI box, in other words you can run two signals, like 2 guitars, etc. It was better bang for the buck and at the time I had a production company so I needed the extra options.

Active - look at Countryman DI, that's a good one. I've used that on bass.

I'd use active DI if my preamps are not good or need to lift up a very low level signal, so in my home studio - none of these two are a problem, thus passive for me.
thanks guys!

it appears that i have gotten over my head. lol. i don't know what i am looking for.

i trust radial, so that is good, especially also that you all back them up.

what in's and outs are you all referring to? i have the 2i4 and i know it has two ins and four outs, but i don't know what they do. lol. i am very sorry guys.

appreciate the responses.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
In my case I pick output3 on my audio device and route the signal that I want to reamp to output 3. Then that goes to the reamp box and into the guitar amp as you plug a guitar, then you get the signal back into the DAW through you regular microphone input as you would when recording guitar thru an amp. So basically you're substituting the guitar with the computer audio out into the amp.

Here's some reading:

http://rogermontejano.com/en/articles/item/whats-reamping-how-to-set-it-up-and-14-ideas-on-how-to-use-it

http://www.radialeng.com/prormp.php