Recently I've been looking to pick up a new guitar amplifier as my current one sounds pretty bad. And after researching for a while, I have narrowed it down to these two amps and I was wondering about which would be better.
What I play is primarily punk rock and metalcore.
Feel free to suggest other options

Thanks
Budget?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Look used peavey vypyr, at least a 12 inch speaker.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I'm certain you can find a 30 watt used. And remember 12 inch speaker
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
churchy832
Hi, as I understood, you're looking more for practice amp, so check these options too:
Line 6 Spider IV 75 (UG score 8.3)
75 watts of power, one 12” speaker, over 300 classic presets (yes, over 300!), almost every control you could want, and of course, the quality of materials that you’d come to expect from Line 6.
Out of 117 reviews, 80% of people rated the Spider IV 75 as 5/5 stars.
  • All reviewers attested to the durability and ruggedness of Line 6 equipment (they won’t let you down)
  • All reviewers attested to the surprisingly loud and clear sound from such a cheap amp
  • All reviewers attested that for home play, this amp is more than enough

The only downside? It’s probably not enough for bigger gigs where sound quality at high volumes is a must. But for everything else – home play, practicing with your band, etc. – it’s a winner with a lot of options

Yamaha THR10X (UG score 9.1)
The THR series is built to be your “non-gig amp”. Basically, you can use this thing anywhere but on stage and you’ll love the sound you get.
Yamaha created the THR series out of necessity. Prior to this line being on the market, there were very few amps that could produce good sound at low volumes while being priced competitively. Instead, you’d either have to suffer on sound quality… or play at concert-level volumes all of the time, which very few have the luxury of doing.
The THR series – specifically, the THR10 – changes everything. With the patented VCM processor from Yamaha, you can get impeccable sound at low volume and never have to compromise.
On top of the sound quality, you get a free editing program (called THR Editor), free Yamaha recording software, five amp models, a few cool effects, and you can even download the THR Session App (free) and modify the songs you’re playing on the fly.
Overall, for the price, the THR10 is very hard to beat as a practice amp.
Quote by churchy832
romeozdistress $350 Australian (roughly 260 US) but I'm willing to spend a little more if necessary
I don't know how bad the pricing situation has gotten in the land down under, but that Peavey VIP 1 is only about $130.00 is USD. The "I" is the 8" (smallest) one in the line.

Here's a search link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?typeAheadSuggestion=true&typeAheadRedirect=true&sB=r&Ntt=VIP+I+Peavey It obviously won't do anything to help you get a hold of one, but you could familiarize yourself with the whole line from it.

I will say the VIP I and it's predecessor are generally among the top rated small modelers. The Line 6 Spider, (if it hasn't been improved), is usually at the bottom of the heap. The Peaveys do a lot, and so they have a sort of steep learning curve to get the most out of them.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 30, 2017,