Page 1 of 9
I can only view 6 pages of the Tab Requests. Is it possible for me to see all the 5522 titles?

Thank you.
stargazer1701, no, only requests from 2017 are visible at the moment. The thought behind that is that it's better to have 200 requests that actually have a chance of being completed than having 5,500 that no one will look at
Last edited by mendace at Jan 30, 2017,
Quote by mendace
stargazer1701, no, only requests from 2017 are visible at the moment. The thought behind that is that it's better to have 200 requests that actually have a chance of being completed than having 5,500 that no one will look at

I was working on a handful of old ones. What' s best for that? Just submit them and forget about the request aspect or wait for something to change again?
Thread was moved to forum: Site Suggestions
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by h0spid
That_Ship, what tabs do you want to submit?

Right now the ones I had done are:

Pat the Bunny Schneeweis - Teenage Anarchist
Swans - Little Mouth
Tilt - Berkley Pier
Jennifer Rostock - Der Gartner
Jennifer Rostock - Schlag Alarm
Jennifer Rostock - Zwischen Laken und Lugen
That_Ship, thanks for the list.

We'll return all that requests in 1 hour, so you'll able to submit tabs for them and get additional IQ points for your contributions
The original Tab Requests had a 'Sort by Type' feature.
Is it possible to implement this feature in the new Tab Requests?
Quote by mendace
UGMKZ, you don't get points for tabs by Misc Unsigned Bands

That's actually a good thing. I've seen submissions of total crap by people who have their own name as the Misc Unsigned Bands!
h0spid, even if you don't get points for tabs by misc unsigned bands, wouldn't it make sense to get +5 for fulfilling a request at least? No one's gonna complete these requests otherwise
I'll add a few requests here :
  • How are you planning to handle duplicates ? I accidently created one (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1722072 ). Will you filter those ? Maybe display a confirmation message ("A Tab Request for this song already exists, you should consider upvoting it. Are you sure you want to submit yours ?")
  • Another filter would be great : use your favorite artists.
  • "Top tab requests" on main page : clicking on the song name should go to the request page on the forum. Redirect to the submit page only on the "submit" link.
Last edited by killergege at Feb 3, 2017,
Quote by killergege
How are you planning to handle duplicates ? I accidently created one (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1722072 ). Will you filter those ? Maybe display a confirmation message ("A Tab Request for this song already exists, you should consider upvoting it. Are you sure you want to submit yours ?")

Actually you can't request tabs that already requested. In your case it's a different requests, the one requested with D Tuning, another with C Tuning: (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1722072 and https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1720926).

Quote by killergege
Another filter would be great : use your favorite artists.

Don't know why, but zappp don't want to implement it

Quote by killergege
"Top tab requests" on main page : clicking on the song name should go to the request page on the forum. Redirect to the submit page only on the "submit" link.

Agree here... Will do!
Quote by h0spid
In your case it's a different requests, the one requested with D Tuning, another with C Tuning

Ok, then maybe add a default "Unknown" in the tuning list ? Or ignore it when searching for duplicates ?
I selected D because I thought that they play in D, but what I really wanted is the song tabbed with its correct tuning, I didn't want to request a specific tuning .
Last edited by killergege at Feb 3, 2017,
killergege, very rare cases at the moment actually... Will think about it.

In your case we can remove your duplicated request and you'll upvote original one instead.
Quote by h0spid
In your case we can remove your duplicated request and you'll upvote original one instead.

Thanks!
Quote by killergege
Ok, then maybe add a default "Unknown" in the tuning list ? Or ignore it when searching for duplicates ?
I selected D because I thought that they play in D, but what I really wanted is the song tabbed with its correct tuning, I didn't want to request a specific tuning .

you can literally post that ^^^ within your request
Quote by zappp
you can literally post that ^^^ within your request

True true, but you still have to select a tuning in the list.
I enjoy a challenge and like to help others, therefore the Tab Requests is a playground for me. But since I can not be at UG as much as often as I would like, I did make it point of checking out old entrees in case I missed something. From 5522 to 366, I guess it was time to clean the house.

UG rocks.