Page 3 of 9
Quote by frankowillo
German Death Metal as my Bonanza!? Jeez, I don't even like regular Metal. Your robot is bonkers!

He is just learning Will improve it today!
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Doing it quickly does not translate to quality; would shorten to 1 day for chords, 2-3 for tabs, and 4-5 for GP

Make sense for me... Drool_Mouse, drsmith259, what do you think?
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Doing it quickly does not translate to quality; would shorten to 1 day for chords, 2-3 for tabs, and 4-5 for GP

h0spid, Yeah I agree entirely.

Maybe another idea for the future - could we refine our Bonanza tabs in a similar way to the news feed? Where we can reject having Bonanza tabs from certain artists, etc. I know it's early days, but it might help the UG Robot out!
Quote by drsmith259
h0spid, Yeah I agree entirely. Maybe another idea for the future - could we refine our Bonanza tabs in a similar way to the news feed? Where we can reject having Bonanza tabs from certain artists, etc. I know it's early days, but it might help the UG Robot out!

The idea of the Bonanza is that you can't select any tab you want to get extra IQ. But I got your point, we'll think how to make Bonanza more relevant.Thanks!
Can there be a way to see personal bonanza pick(s) in the forum instead of on the classic home page only?
I have a request: Valkyrjan-Týr-Land. I can only find Valkyrja, but I can't find Valkyrjan. (Guitar, Tabs/Chords)
h0spid, have you thought about basing the point value bonus based on type and part of tab? Like, doubling the base point value instead?

solos/intros +5
chord chart +10
tab +20
GP +30

It's already extremely easy to make chord charts if the songs are simple enough, plus chord charts already have a LOT of extra IQ incentives as opposed to tabs. It could take 1/4 of the time to get the same amount of points as one tab (request + meta + strum vs tab + strum), so this is to give the system a bit more balance.
ivarsteingrus
Is this the song you mean?

So they have a song called Valkyrja and one called Valkyrjan?
But yes, make a request in the tab request forum.
Quote by NeoMvsEu
h0spid, have you thought about basing the point value bonus based on type and part of tab? Like, doubling the base point value instead?
solos/intros +5
chord chart +10
tab +20
GP +30
It's already extremely easy to make chord charts if the songs are simple enough, plus chord charts already have a LOT of extra IQ incentives as opposed to tabs. It could take 1/4 of the time to get the same amount of points as one tab (request + meta + strum vs tab + strum), so this is to give the system a bit more balance.

Noted, thanks Will collect the data for the first week after launch and then decide what to do next...
All the bonanza requests I've gotten were either already fulfilled or had a tab in review, which is good, but I can't really do anything with the requests if there are decent tabs on the site
Isn't the idea behind bonanza to direct more attention to older requests? People have gotten bonanza for tabs that were requested today
Quote by UGMKZ
This could have worked if there was a correlation between banana consumption and IQ though h0spid
Quote by h0spid
mendace fixed the algorithm a couple of days ago... Whether it's better now?
Will be able to answer that in a few hours

The read more button is very hard to see on UG Classic
Quote by UGMKZ
h0spid these are pretty cool but it'd be better if they said bonanza

Corrected  
Quote by mendace
All the bonanza requests I've gotten were either already fulfilled or had a tab in review, which is good, but I can't really do anything with the requests if there are decent tabs on the site

Missed your report... Still the same?
Quote by mendace
Will be able to answer that in a few hours

The read more button is very hard to see on UG Classic

Fixed as well
Hello h0spid  and everyone,

My bonanza says to submit Guitar Pro tab of  "This Side of Fate by Alter Bridge"  which has been already fulfilled by me. https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/alter_bridge/this_side_of_fate_guitar_pro.htm

What does it mean? 
- is there any other request for it?
- does it need to edit or correct?
- is my tab rejected?
- is it a bug?

since i saw it on my bonanza for the second time, i submitted a newest  version with  less errors again, but it's still there on my bonanza.

Thanks.

Sabi
Sabi.R, thanks for the letting me know about this issue.

The requests you submitted didn't mark as fulfilled actually. That's why it was selected as Bonanza for you. At the moment we don't know the reasons why request didn't mark as fulfilled (need the time to investigate this).

So the answer to your question: yes, looks like a bug, so it doesn't mean your tab is rejected or your need to edit or correct it.

Can you please help me to investigate this and answer a couple of questions:
1. Whether the tuning for this request was Drop B from the beginning of it was changed over the time?
2. Did you submit tab for this request using "Submit tab" button from the request page?

Thanks!
h0spid thank you too.

1. This tab has 2 guitars with 2 different tunings, Lead Guitar  standard tuning with low E dropped to B (B-A-D-G-B-E)  and power chord guitar in drop D (D-A-D-G-B-E), i couldn't find the first tuning on the database and just got confused to choose tuning, that's why I've tried to select the best relevant tuning for the new versions. as you know there is "Drop B"  on the database which is  B-F#-B-E-G#-C#  and it's not my tuning. 

2. Yes, around 7 days ago i used "Submit tab" section for uploading it and also earned it's UG IQ, as well.  and again i did it yesterday since my bonanza repeat it. whenever i upload the new version through "Submit tab" in bonanza section and the next uploading page, it will refer me to my previous fulfilled tab, also the changes (descriptions, tuning, etc.) will not apply. 

Sabi
Last edited by Sabi.R at Mar 10, 2017,
Sabi.R looks like I found the reason why this happened. Actually there are two tab requests by different users for Alter Bridge - This Side of Fate, but with different tuning:
1. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1722026 -- no tuning provided, means any tuning is acceptable (fulfilled)
2. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1721730 -- Tuning - Drop B (not fulfilled)

Will check why second one didn't mark as fulfilled automatically.
h0spid   Both of the requests marked as "Published" for me, could you please tell me where can i find fulfilled label/mark?

Sabi
Sabi.R status "Published" is not the same as status "Fulfilled". Investigating the details -- will let you know later today!
Sabi.R fulfilled request has message from UG Robot with the details about who fulfilled the request and there is a green check in front of each fulfilled request in the list of requests:

Yes, looks not very obvious, especially on the request page -- will find the way to make it better!
Quote by Sabi.R
h0spid  anyway if the new request is for new tuning, which guitar was meant exactly?

I think you should ask the one who made the request, not me
Sabi.R found the issue and fixed it. Second request was marked as fulfilled automatically. Should not repeat in future. Once again thanks for the feedback  
Do mods have access to tabs by new artists? If not, maybe you should give them access? Based on what I've seen up until now, it seems like requests for songs by new artists always are in review a lot longer than tabs of regular songs 

Also I feel like three days for bonanza is too long, at least for chord charts, if I'm not interested in the song then I'm just wasting time waiting for another one that might suit me better
Quote by UGMKZ
Do mods have access to tabs by new artists? If not, maybe you should give them access? Based on what I've seen up until now, it seems like requests for songs by new artists always are in review a lot longer than tabs of regular songs 

Also I feel like three days for bonanza is too long, at least for chord charts, if I'm not interested in the song then I'm just wasting time waiting for another one that might suit me better

Regarding bonanza section, i absolutely agree with you for chord charts, moreover i think 3 days would not be enough for making Guitar Pro format of some whole songs which contains different tough tracks/riffs/parts/solos. also when i'm not interesting in one song, i just have to wait until expiration time, but after that bonanza again insists on that song maybe with more IQ points. for example i really don't like  "Khemmis" works, even if i earn 1k UG IQ for it. my suggestions are:

1. To have kind of filtering system for contributors to choose the genre, type of the tabs (chord, tab, guitar pro, ...), etc.
2.  The contributor feedback feature for each bonanza suggestion could help UG to get better results by gathering their contributors opinion or their reasons of rejecting each bonanza. i think in this way UG can find the relevant contributor for each song, faster.
3. This could be also cool if there will be a bargaining or negotiation feature for each bonanza. to deal with the expiration time, amount of UG IQ, etc.