I play anything from rock to heavier genres and a lot of stuff in between (think of led zeppelin, pink floyd, sabbath, metallica, iron maiden, megadeth, mastodon).

Here's the pedals I've narrowed:

EQ
-MXR m108
-Boss ge7
-Source audio programmable EQ

I've initially chosen the mxr over the boss cause it gets overall better reviews and over the source audio because it offers more frequency control for the same price. The only advantage I see on the Source Audio EQ is the possibility to create presets but I'm ok with tweaking.

Delay
-Flashback
-Carbon copy
-Boss dd7/dd3

Here I think the flashback, being digital, would suit me better than the carbon copy whereas when compared with the boss it gets better reviews.
What do you guys suggest? I own a Boss sd1, so how would you go about powering this setup? I'm thinking about keep using a battery on the Boss, using the MXR m108 adapter and getting another adapter for the delay.
I have a MXR m108 and a TC Electronic Flashback both in my loop.

For power, I run the MXR m108 with it's dedicated 18v supply and I power the Flashback off of a OneSpot daisy chain with several other TC E pedals.

For my overall power solution I have 1 OneSpot running the up front pedals (tuner, overdrives, chorus, noise gate, wah, etc.) and a second OneSpot powering the loop pedals (chorus, flanger, delay, looper, etc.) with the m108 using it's dedicated supply. I mounted a power strip under my board and plug in the 2x OneSpots and the m108 adapter into that.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I use a GE7 and Carbon Copy. Both have worked great for years. It would be nice to have the memory of the source audio, but it likely can't easily be tweaked on the fly. I get compliments about how full the CC sounds.

I power my board with a PP2+. It costs more, but I have no concerns about ground loop hum.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Last edited by 8Len8 at Jan 30, 2017,
for analog delays i love the malekko EKKO 616's. $100 used. you have a lot more control than the carbon copy. I have three regular 616's and a 616loFI, and I love them.

however, do YOU want analog or digital? that is the biggest breaking point. I prefer analog, but digital definitely has a place too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
forgot to say that 1spots are great for the money. i have four of them on different rigs.

mxr 10 band eq's are great. you will need a diffrrent adapter though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
for analog delays i love the malekko EKKO 616's. $100 used. you have a lot more control than the carbon copy. I have three regular 616's and a 616loFI, and I love them.

however, do YOU want analog or digital? that is the biggest breaking point. I prefer analog, but digital definitely has a place too.

My experience with delays is nonexistent. I've done some research and it seemed like digital was the way to go. I'll be using the delay mainly for spicing leads and occasionally on a clean setting to create some ambiance (more like pink floyd). The flashback is digital and can simulate analog so that's why I thought it would be the better option. Also it was fairly cheap but I noticed that they had a price rise on thomann...also the guys from mastodon use them and their sound is a huge inspiration to me.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
forgot to say that 1spots are great for the money. i have four of them on different rigs.

why I'll need a different adapter? the one that comes with the pedal is no good?
Quote by RuiGuitar

why I'll need a different adapter? the one that comes with the pedal is no good?

What trashedlostfdup really meant was that you will need another adapter plugged in to wherever you get power from as the MXR 10 band runs on 18v and therefore cant be daisy chained with the rest of your 9v pedals.

Another vote here for the MXR 10 band eq. I've never had another eq pedal but there is no reason at all I have needed one. The bands on the MXR are pretty well spaced and cover much more range than you will need. Having both level and gain controls is also great.

Again, I have no experience with other EQ pedals as I went straight for the MXR. The only thing I wish it would include is a way to power it from an internal battery, but that's only a minor niggle really.
Quote by RuiGuitar

the mxr is 18v,the rest are 9v . so a 1spot will take care of the 9v stuff.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup

I have a 616, but I feel the CC has a better modulation. Also, at one point my 616 needed service, and the communication I got from Malekko wasn't the best...
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Quote by 8Len8
I have a 616, but I feel the CC has a better modulation. Also, at one point my 616 needed service, and the communication I got from Malekko wasn't the best...

I haven't had an issue with mine, i own 8 or 9 malekko pedals. I am not a huge fan of the mod on CC's.

different strokes for different folks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Thx for the responses so far, I'm set on the MXR.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
the mxr is 18v,the rest are 9v . so a 1spot will take care of the 9v stuff.

oh ok. The way I understood it was like the 18v power supply that comes with the pedal wasn't decent.

Quote by diabolical
How 'bout Line6 DL4? I've been a fan for a while.

considered it for a while but I'd like a smaller pedal
Ok I have had the MXR for years and own 2 flashbacks on the moment (on different boards).

The MXR is great, although the 18v power can be awkward to supply (I have a One Spot Pro CS12 iirc which has an 18v input on it).

As for the delays, you can't go 'wrong' with any of them - it depends what you prefer. I went for the flashback because it was easier to use imo than the DD7, and for what Im playing I preferred digital to analogue. But the carbon copy is a great delay as well.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I've always been a fan of this little guy from Artec; bump up that 1.4k and add a little gain from the pedal and this thing completely livens up a metal tone. Only $40 used here

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-ARTEC-2010s-SE-EQ8-GRAPHIC-EQ-Pedal.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CNrHw-vL7NECFcS6wAodSKYPFw&kwid=productads-adid^78244844802-device^c-plaid^143208835962-sku^112804516@ADL4GC-adType^PLA
Last edited by Zan595 at Jan 31, 2017,
I would suggest a good power-supply. I used to use a old MXR DC Brick (the black one with 18v outputs). It was noisy. About a year ago I bought a Cioks DC5 with isolated outputs and I have less noise from the pedals. It is also able to supply one 18v pedal.

I have the MXR M108 and it is a great pedal, but if you get a good amp and good guitar, you will not need it. I would suggest buying 2 delays especially if you would like to sound like Pink Floyd. I really love the DD-3 and I prefer it over the DD7. The only drawback of that pedal is that it does not have trailing feature.

I never liked the Carbon Copy as it is too dark. I went for the DD3. But now that I have a DD3 I am considering the CC to compliment the DD3. I tried the Flashback, it has a lot of features but I prefer either DD3 or CC.
I also love my Cioks power supply. I love the malekko delays. I love the SolidGoldFx Electroman. My absolute favorite delay pedal since I just enjoy the "organic" sound of analog delays. But my TC Flashback is laying in a box. Never was too fond of it. And then again I have to say that I am not the type to enjoy the jack of all trades kinda pedals. I always find them quite mediocre and enjoy the ones more that do one thing really well. But that is different for everybody.
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"