Sup,
I have found this weird strat at local shop, which I can't find any information about. It's an HSS with maple neck, black body and matching pickguard, comes with a gig bag. Store has it labelled as USA pro (???) and the salesman couldn't really give any insight about it except that it's some sort of limited run from around 2012. He also mentioned that the bridge pickup is a Shawbucker, but I really doubt it (they were out in 2015 weren't they?). Another unusual thing is that it had a coil split on volume knob.
So my queston is - does anyone have any insight on quality of those guitars? If so, how would it compare to a regular american strat (if you discount case inculded with the standard, they go for a similar price).
I would call fender.

It doesn't sound familiar to me.

I agree that the shawbuckers weren't released then. that sounds a little screwy.

do you have a picture of the headstock?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Unfortunately, no. It played pretty good, however there are just too many fishy things about it. Propably gonna pass on this one, since I can't find any traces of the supposed "usa pro" series.
are you sure it's from as early as 2012? i thought they were more recent, but i could well be wrong.

I think they were a bit like mixing specs from the USA standard and USA special models. I haven't tried one, though, but on what i said about the specs, if prices are similar i'd go with the USA standard (assuming that's what you meant when you said "regular american strat").

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/0173502306/solid-body-electric-guitars/fender-fsr-usa-pro-stratocaster-hss-in-black
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 30, 2017,
USA Pro did come out a few years back. can't say I've played one but I know it had a couple of upgraded features. pretty sure the humbucker isn't a Shawbucker. I wouldn't pay any real premium for one but if around the same price as a US standard then may be worth getting