Hey out there, just looking for some seasoned guitarhead advice about my baja tele. I've been playing a classic player baja tele for a couple of years now it was my first "good" guitar but I'm starting to find the enlarged neck is making it difficult to improve my technique because I have smallerish hands. My question is: Should I swap out the neck with an american std neck or just trade the motherfucker in and get an american std. I love the low end sounds I can get out of the baja, will the tone and sustain suffer from a smaller neck?
Quote by McFearless67
Hey out there, just looking for some seasoned guitarhead advice about my baja tele. I've been playing a classic player baja tele for a couple of years now it was my first "good" guitar but I'm starting to find the enlarged neck is making it difficult to improve my technique because I have smallerish hands. My question is: Should I swap out the neck with an american std neck or just trade the motherfucker in and get an american std. I love the low end sounds I can get out of the baja, will the tone and sustain suffer from a smaller neck?

Fender American STD necks start around $400 just for a neck and maybe with tuners, may be an option if you are on a budget. If you shop around you might be able to find a MIM tele with a thinner neck unless you just want an American then go for it.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 30, 2017,