I recently got my hands on a really nice Ibanez Prestige RG3570Z (J-Craft - not sure if that's anything special). Anyways, I really am not a huge fan of the current color scheme of candy apple red and mustard yellow. Kinda reminds me of McDonald's.

So... After taking a look at one of Paul Gilbert's signature models, I have decided to come up with a new design for my RG.

Here is a picture of the proposal:

What do you think? Should I follow through with this project?

Or, do you have a better suggestion?

This is the best color scheme I could think of for a candy apple red guitar.

Thanks for your input!
I would never add a pickguard to a guitar that doesn't come with one. you would destroy the finish and kill the value.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Mods - do it
pickguard- do it . I have a ibanez from 2002 it came without the pickguard and oh boy is it now a satin finish down there. (i woud tho recomend to do cut the pickguard yourself , attach it just on the pickup frames (iff u up to get ones) and cut the horn part of - ur not playng with your hands down there.But dont drill aditional holes into guitar body)
trashedlostfdup Definitely understand your point. However, I don't plan on selling this guitar since I love the way it plays. I am interested in modding for my own personal preference.
I would probably try to stick the pickguard on with some double sided tape so that if you got bored with it after a while you wont have extra holes in the body. If you end up using a custom pickguard company I'm sure they can make you one with no screwholes so that it is not obviously missing screws.

I don't remember if it was Fender or Squire but there used to be a Strat in red with a goldish/copper anodised pickguard that I always thought was a smart combination.

Found a pic, I think this one is a plastic guard not the anodised one but shows the colour combo
Quote by OneOfThePak
I recently got my hands on a really nice Ibanez Prestige RG3570Z (J-Craft - not sure if that's anything special). Anyways, I really am not a huge fan of the current color scheme of candy apple red and mustard yellow. Kinda reminds me of McDonald's.

So... After taking a look at one of Paul Gilbert's signature models, I have decided to come up with a new design for my RG.

Here is a picture of the proposal:

What do you think? Should I follow through with this project?

Or, do you have a better suggestion?

This is the best color scheme I could think of for a candy apple red guitar.

Thanks for your input!

Are you just changing the PU covers?

Also, what about adding f holes instead of a PG?

sic6505+ DOUBLE SIDED TAPE. Dude, you are a genius. For sure going with that idea. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ippon as far as the F-Holes, I think it's interesting, but I'm probably going to keep to the original idea for now. I may try later down the road!
It's your money. The jcrafts are the most limited and expensive of the Japanese ibbys. But if you never plan on selling it doesn't matter.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
OneOfThePak The more I picture it, the more I think a pickguard with no visible way of fixing it would be pretty smooth and classy. As a bonus it means not drilling holes in your awesome Ibanez.

I'm sure somewhere like Greasy Groove could do you one without screw holes in any pattern you desire.