As your aware off Ed Sheeran announced his uk tour and O2 priority tickets went on sale 10am
£44 pound to sit at the very back and cant see anything and up close blocks £77+
Having seen this many people whom are dear fans couldn't log onto and people whom brought the tickets are now selling them for ridiculous prices
Should this be allowed?
Ed Sheehan said I want my fans who have less fortunate parents or jobs to come and see me hence the prices being cheap but yet his tickets are expensive
Does this het justified?

Feel free to comment and express your comments and express your feelings
No arguments! Or slanging each other
Everyone entitled
Last edited by GuitarTab247 at Jan 31, 2017,
More often than not, he doesn't get to set the prices.

Most usually down to management, whoever handles the tour finances and the venue owners working out what's going to cover the costs.

He's just a shill for his name and face anyway, wouldn't matter how good his music was. People are buying his brand, hence the prices are like the value-cost ratio of mass produced perfume.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Who cares

Only rich kids would pay to see that ginger anyways.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Go on his Facebook page everyone is going mad at him, this isn't his fault try explain that too everyone who camt get one due to price
But regarding people selling them for stupid prices is outrageous
Sadly it seems to be the way a lot of 'big' artists are going these days.

I remember when Radiohead announced their arena tour back in November for this coming May, I was desperate to get a ticket it so I made sure I was sat at my computer firmly for 9am...

£82.50 each. For an indoor arena gig. Fuck right off. And for them to claim you need ID matched to your ticket to get in to try and stop touts and then charge that much is fucking rich. I've literally been to gigs for less than that with tickets bought from a tout.

There's no need for an indoor gig to be more than about £40/£45 imo, absolute max.
Quote by sam b
Ed Sheehan? Never heard of him

I think he played bass for Diamond Dave
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I think tickets that expensive are fucking stupid most I'd ever pay is £50 but Ed can charge what he likes that's just the nature of capitalism

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by GuitarTab247
Go on his Facebook page everyone is going mad at him, this isn't his fault try explain that too everyone who camt get one due to price
But regarding people selling them for stupid prices is outrageous

Is he a nice, genuine person ? Maybe, but he doesn't control what price his fans have to pay at venues. It's nothing new that big brand name artist's record labels and managements charge their followers a lot to see them live. He's a perfect example of a corporate money making music machine, not even mentioning his sponsors. He caters to a fan base that will pay any amount to see him, like Justin Bieber.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I saw Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed the other week for about £45 in the same size arena that Sheeran is playing. When you think about the sheer number of people that have to be paid that's a pretty reasonable price. Blockbuster mainstream acts who are household names will be able to command a lot more money however since they're more popular and more people will want to see them than the more niche bands.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
EndTheRapture51
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I saw Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed the other week for about £45 in the same size arena that Sheeran is playing. When you think about the sheer number of people that have to be paid that's a pretty reasonable price. Blockbuster mainstream acts who are household names will be able to command a lot more money however since they're more popular and more people will want to see them than the more niche bands.

Yeah I went to that gig too we paid 44.50 and was so close so 88+ isn't reasonable in my eyes, this country, world involves around money, I agree fans will pay x amount but is it fair for people to buy the tickets having no intensions just to extort people? Don't agree with it
Quote by GuitarTab247
EndTheRapture51

Yeah I went to that gig too we paid 44.50 and was so close so 88+ isn't reasonable in my eyes, this country, world involves around money, I agree fans will pay x amount but is it fair for people to buy the tickets having no intensions just to extort people? Don't agree with it

It's not extortion though, your life doesn't depend on seeing Ed Sheeran. No one is forcing you to pay that much money. If you want to see him and get good value for money, look out for him at festivals in the summer where you can see a bunch of other bands too.

£80 tickets are the norm for seeing a worldwide star nowadays, yeah it does suck but if that artist means something to you then what choice do you have really.

Experiences are more valuable than money when it comes down to it. I paid £120 a ticket to see Paul McCartney and I don't regret a single thing, it was one of the greatest nights of my life and ill have those memories forever
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It's not extortion though, your life doesn't depend on seeing Ed Sheeran. No one is forcing you to pay that much money. If you want to see him and get good value for money, look out for him at festivals in the summer where you can see a bunch of other bands too.

We seem to have different opinions, I dis agree, 1000s of fans want a ticket and cant get one for someone to pay £44 for a 'shit' seated ticket amd selling them for up to £2000 I've seen them for, absolute disgusting how people can rip other people off like that if his tickets are a £2000 value that would be the price
When it comes to bands/ artists and there tickets people try and do what they did with the new £5 note and claim it to be worth £1000s more than what it is
Quote by GuitarTab247
We seem to have different opinions, I dis agree, 1000s of fans want a ticket and cant get one for someone to pay £44 for a 'shit' seated ticket amd selling them for up to £2000 I've seen them for, absolute disgusting how people can rip other people off like that if his tickets are a £2000 value that would be the price
When it comes to bands/ artists and there tickets people try and do what they did with the new £5 note and claim it to be worth £1000s more than what it is

That's not Ed Sheeran selling them for £2000 tho that's touts which is a complete different market

I saw all time low and you me at six the same night in Birmingham for £35 a tickets seated close up, 2 world wide bands
They're both bands for teenage girls though and You Me At Six are especially shit.

i don't want to ever hear his acoustic guitar singing pop shit never mind pay for it
Quote by GuitarTab247
I saw all time low and you me at six the same night in Birmingham for £35 a tickets seated close up, 2 world wide bands
You were ripped off mate.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
They're both bands for teenage girls though and You Me At Six are especially shit.

I think you need to give All Time Low more credit, they are super shit too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by GuitarTab247

who?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
who?
Hell knows.

I remember paying £35 for Rob Zombie and Marylin Manson. Shame Manson was a cunt and might as well not have shown up.

EDIT: Apparently they're pop punk, so for £2 less

Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Jan 31, 2017,
people bitch about $10 albums, man. you can't win
Check out my band Disturbed
As long as people are buying them at that price it won't change.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Ok so if I pay £77 I can hear and see him?

If I pay £44 I can't?

The £44 one sounds like exceptional value when you put it like that...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was going to buy Tom Petty tickets for my wife's birthday once, until I found out the price. IIRC they were $250 each for general admission
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams