Hey, can someone link me to a thread that have the steps to setting up a virtual amp and the like

Does anyone have a thread link to the steps to connecting a guitar to the PC and using the PC's speakers as an amp?

Today I'm working on trying to get my PC speakers as an amp for recording and general practice. I have a 10w amp without a distortion knob so that sounds pretty stooly. Lol, so far have ASIO4all and Reaper while watching some youtube vids I'm getting somewhere. But now I've come across some issues like connecting my guitar to my PC will cause damage to it.. which I don't believe is true. Also, is my guitar supposed to be plugged in as line in or mic if it directly to the PC?

Thank you
what you need is a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

" connecting my guitar to my PC will cause damage to it" that's the most bullshit sounding thing I've ever seen in my life.

I can' say for 100% but I don't think it matters if it's though the mic or line in. Changing that never changed the sound of my guitar or anything when I do but I'm not using ASIO4all so that might change things.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by ballajoe010
k.lainad Can you buy it for me or tell me how to use my speakers as one?

money doesn't grow on trees, pal.
what do i look like? a charity?

but to answer your question, you can always use a Behringer Guitar Link USB and guitar rig 5 software, that does work for me, use your speakers as normal. Looks like you know what drivers to use and such, so that's fine. Using guitar link won't hurt your PC, you can pick one up from ebay/amazon for like 40 bucks easy, stay away from the cheap, generic ones.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

k.lainad I can't afford that. And lol, I uninstalled guitar rig 5 man :/ it is not free-requires activation or it shuts down after 30mins. Free is the only option I have right now. Btw, before you mention spending, I'm fully aware there is a direct relationship between resource input and quality of what you get.
Quote by MurrcuryFoxx
" connecting my guitar to my PC will cause damage to it" that's the most bullshit sounding thing I've ever seen in my life.

I can' say for 100% but I don't think it matters if it's though the mic or line in. Changing that never changed the sound of my guitar or anything when I do but I'm not using ASIO4all so that might change things.

Yea I felt the same way when I read that. I have it set to line in. Kind of stuck right now on getting VSTs
ballajoe010

playing guitar is an expensive hobby, what can I say? lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.