Whammy bar keeps rocking around in its socket and its because the nut in the back keeps unwinding and coming lose.
The cavity is so small that you cant fit anything in there to tighten it so it requires the whole bridge to be pulled out to gain access to it which is really annoying.

Next time I pull it out I dont ever want it to come loose again, I was thinking just getting some glue putting that on the htreads so when I tighten the nut so it, its really not going anywhere since I wont be needing the loosen it.

Anyone else ever done something like this?
Get a locknut of the same size and put that on. That should stay tight, and its not gonna be premanent like the glue would be.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
Get a locknut of the same size and put that on. That should stay tight, and its not gonna be premanent like the glue would be.
+1 this would indeed work.

Alternatively you can use blue Loctite on the threads; it's designed to solve this exact sort of problem. It's strong enough to stop fasteners from loosening on their own, but it isn't so strong that the fastener can still be willingly undone without much trouble.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
+1 this would indeed work.

Alternatively you can use blue Loctite on the threads; it's designed to solve this exact sort of problem. It's strong enough to stop fasteners from loosening on their own, but it isn't so strong that the fastener can still be willingly undone without much trouble.

blue? fuck that. go straight to red.

serious though, blue (242) is all you need. and it's not exactly cheap for loctite so maybe go to a local workshop and see if they'll loctite it.

or, a nyloc nut. has a plastic ring in it that when installed, cuts a thread into the plastic, and compresses it to create a change in the thread, effectively locking it in place. a one use item though, so would need to be replaced, but real cheap as well at you local hardware store. just make sure to get one that matches the thread.

EDIT: IMPORTANT - if you use loctite, only a single drop is needed. use too much, and you might struggle to ever get it undone ever again
source - im a mechanic and have done it. not fun.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Last edited by rocknroll93 at Feb 1, 2017,