Hi all. I'm considering picking up an Ibanez AS103. I've read most of the reviews on the web, and it seems to get extremely positive reviews. Can anyone tell me if this is something I should be considering? Is it as good as the reviews imply?

Thanks.
ryanblumenow Yes, Ibanez Artcore AS103 is a really good one. Different reviews admit some minor issues with its features and durability and the fact that it is not the best option for heavy rock.
Reliability & Durability — 8
Overall looks like a keeper and is built super solid. It does have gold hardware, so the strap button shows a little wear and I expect anything you rest your hand on regularly will probably wear after a while, but gold is gold and no one's going to put a micron more on the hardware than they have to. BTW, while this IS a hollowbody, it has a solid core running from the neck to the tailpiece, so it's really more like a "chambered" guitar. The extra wood core, coupled with the hollow sections give a fair amount of sustain.

Features — 8
Made in China (most Artcores are made there), with 22 medium frets on a rosewood fingerboard. Has a gorgeous creamy "natural" flamed maple top, back, and sides with matching pickguard. Two custom IBZ 58 pickups in the neck and bridge are each controlled by independent volume and tone knobs and a 3-way selector. Set bridge with fine tuners and ivory tuning knobs. Came with fitted case and a cable. This guitar is absolutely beautiful in every way, especially the headstock and abalone inlays. However, in terms of actual "features", there isn't anything too fancy about the guitar (though the wooden tone/volume knobs are neat).

So question if it's a reasonable choice for you depends on your expectations from this guitar, what genres do you prefer, and your current gear.