I did the rhythm, leads and bass myself. All of them first take uses just to get it done and recorded as quickly as possible.

No vocals and no drums. Those will come at a later date when the product is finished. I plan on making a cover EP to give out to bars to hire me and my band mates for gigs.

I added a slight lead riff during the verses and extended the solo on both the front and back end.

Bare in mind that again, this is a scratch track and that some notes are indeed off here and there. Plus it's in standard instead of down a half a step like Jerry recorded and plays it. I would love to know what you guys think on the extended solo.

Thank you #21! Tim Duncan!!!
Quote by Lardin
The clarity of the sound is great. What did you use to record this?

Honestly don't know. It was all my Uncle's doing. He's got pro stuf. I used a studio acoustic for the two guitar tracks and a shitty bass for the bass track.

I wanted to just use the acoustic for all three tracks and make him just take highs and mids out of the bass track, but he refused. It would've sounded better in my opinion.
Quote by ComaAlpha
I wanted to just use the acoustic for all three tracks and make him just take highs and mids out of the bass track, but he refused. It would've sounded better in my opinion.

Sorry for this but I support your uncle´s opinion, hehe. Doesn´t matter how shitty the bass guitar might be, the pitch of the notes is lower so simple EQ wouldn´t match the results obtained with a bass compared to a guitar, besides using different mics, etc.

But thanks for answering anyway, I asked because I´m trying to slowly improve the sound quality of the stuff I´m uploading to my Youtube channel and I was amazed at this.

Greetings!
Lardin

Well I recorded this before on my laptop (my buddy had ProTools and the hardware to use it and nice and quiet attic to record in) and somehow the files got deleted or corrupted while he was trying to record the drum track in his basement the next day.

Anyways, the only instrument that I had to my disposal was my own personal acoustic which doesn't have any pickups in it. We had to mic it in the vocal booth. I did the bass track on my acoustic and he took out the highs and mids and the finished product was BEAUTIFUL! I'm so pissed those files were screwed up. That recording wasn't first takes only either. I actually had time to go through it and fix mistakes.

Anywas, I'll get on the horn with my uncle and ask him for details and get back to you.