e|-----------------------10b12------10b12-----8b10-------8b10-------------|
B|----------------------------10--------10--------11--------11-------------------|
G|------------------------------10--------10--------10--------10----------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------12---------------------------|
A|-----(light pick slide)---------------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

the first 4 notes e10b, e12, B10, G10

I would place the tip of my index finger only on the high e string 10th fret to bend, then play the 12th fret, place my index over both the B and G string and play the notes(problem with this is I sometimes don't take enough pressure off so the notes play together and sound yuck).
Is this the correct way of doing this and I'm just bad atm lol or?
Are those supposed to be chords or arpeggios? If it's a chord, it's not possible. If it's an arpeggio, you'd have to release the bend before playing the next two notes. Whatever the case, I'd probably just play bends with the third finger.

What song is this?
cdgraves Seether - Careless whisper cover version.

If there wasn't a bend, does that mean I have to lightly release my finger from the note so the sounds doesn't bleed to the others?
ballajoe010
That tab is badly written. What it's supposed to mean is bend the note at the 10th fret a whole step up to the equivalent of the E at the 12th fret. But it doesn't work for the bend at the 8th fret, that's not right. It should be like this :
                        F            F            F            F
e|--------------------10b-10-------10b-10--------------------------------|
B|--------------------------10-----------10-----11b-11-------11b-11------|
G|-----------------------------10-----------10--------10-----------10----|
D|-------------------------------------------------------12--------------|
A|--(light pick slide)---------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

F means bend full = a whole step. After you bend the note, play the note normally at the 10th fret high e string again. I would use 3rd finger to play the bend + following note on high e string, 2nd finger for 10 on B string, 1st finger for 10 on G string.
And for the second part, 3rd finger bend + note at 11 on B string, 1st finger for 10 on G string, 3rd finger for 12 on D string. Then next bend play with 2nd finger. But you can of course use whatever fingers are most comfortable for you.
NSpen1 That makes a lot more sense, I'm going to have to learn to position my fingers in that A-chord shape that high up the fret board, maybe use this song as an example of an exercise

Thank you man
ballajoe010
No, keep the notes all exactly the same (in the same octave). Only start from the B string, don't play them all on it.
      F            F            F            F
e|-----------------------------------------------------|
B|--15b-15-------15b-15-------11b-11-------11b-11------|
G|--------14-----------14-----------10-----------10----|
D|-----------15-----------15-----------12--------------|
A|-----------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------|

It's easier to play like that but doesn't lead into the next arpeggio as well.
NSpen1 That's harder lol, not really experienced enough to position my fingers like that and accurate to 140bpm

PS I will try it though its just that I'm posting the song on FB today
Last edited by ballajoe010 at Feb 4, 2017,
Quote by ballajoe010
NSpen1 That's harder lol, not really experienced enough to position my fingers like that and accurate to 140bpm

PS I will try it though its just that I'm posting the song on FB today

U GOTTA PUSH THE PEDAL TO THE METAL AND GO WITH THE HARDEST VERSION POSSIBLE

D|---12b-12----------12b-12-------8b-8-------8b-8---------------------------------|
A|-------------12----------------12--------8-------------8------------------------------|
E|-----------------13----------------13-----9--------------------------------------------|
"ba doo doo ba doo doo ba doo daa"
- earth,wind, and fire
hecks That actually sounds pretty decent, I like lower octaves

PS. I have an extreme finger injury lmao, I'm not even sure how I got it, haven't played in two days, I got it since Tuesday of last week, I have to see a nurse because there is some green/yellow stuff under where it is swollen.
Last edited by ballajoe010 at Feb 7, 2017,
ballajoe010
Yeah that sounds gross as shit you should get that checked out lol green is never good
I remember the worst injury i had that kept me from playing guitar came from my acoustic guitar's pickguard coming off and I had strummed so hard that the pickguard came loose and sliced my pinkie in half and so I had an extra knub of a finger. I was pretty convinced my guitar was out to get me lol because that same week the low E-string(out of all strings) snapped hit me in the face.
"ba doo doo ba doo doo ba doo daa"
- earth,wind, and fire
hecks Dude omfg, she stuck a needle directly into it... twice
Dang, you don't want to know the most painful thing I've experienced, there are so many other good ones The 3 bone fractures I had in total doesn't make the list. Things pertaining to my skin just creep me out, I never like going to a doctor for those things
Quote by ballajoe010
NSpen1I'm going to have to learn to position my fingers in that A-chord shape

Well there's the answer to your other thread about whether to practise chords ;-)
Gotta admit, this IS a very good example of a situation where chord knowledge really comes in handy - whilst you're not strictly "playing a chord" the whole sequence is based on chord shapes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com