Stewmac tools are horribly overpriced.

Just buy a reamer the same size from the hardware store.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Stewmac tools are horribly overpriced.

Just buy a reamer the same size from the hardware store.

Thanks, just as I suspected.
When the blue light flashes I am kidding.
I don't think that you will find one that is tapered (taper-to-parallel) in the same way as Stewmac reamer. I've done them using a drill bit in a press, but it is pretty hairy. If I was doing it now, I would likely drill a pilot hole, then use a hardware store tapered reamer, then finish it with the correct width drill bit.
Quote by Tony Done
I don't think that you will find one that is tapered (taper-to-parallel) in the same way as Stewmac reamer. I've done them using a drill bit in a press, but it is pretty hairy. If I was doing it now, I would likely drill a pilot hole, then use a hardware store tapered reamer, then finish it with the correct width drill bit.

What about hand reamers?? This first then finish with a Dremel.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-13mm-Bridge-Pin-Hole-Hand-Held-Reamer-T-Handle-Tapered-6-Fluted-Chamfer-Wood-/262625313458?hash=item3d25b042b2:g:KewAAOSwzaJX2T-h
Quote by Tony Done
Yes, a hand reamer is what I had in mind. I've never tried a dremel for that, it might work fine, but I'm wary of small fast tools. Another safe option is a big rat-tail file.

Trouble is with rat tails is they can so easily splinter wood finishes. When drilling into gun stocks and veneers I tend to chamfer the front edge to avoid splitting a finish. As far as power tools go I don't use them much on delicate jobs but a Dremel lately is my go to tool and would be OK for finishing a hole to size at a slow speed. The Dremel can be handled like a felt tip (sharpie). I've nowt against fast speeds but at high speeds if I slip off a job the scarring can be horrendous.
Quote by helijohn
Trouble is with rat tails is they can so easily splinter wood finishes. When drilling into gun stocks and veneers I tend to chamfer the front edge to avoid splitting a finish. As far as power tools go I don't use them much on delicate jobs but a Dremel lately is my go to tool and would be OK for finishing a hole to size at a slow speed. The Dremel can be handled like a felt tip (sharpie). I've nowt against fast speeds but at high speeds if I slip off a job the scarring can be horrendous.

Exactly, use to reamer to make the top of the hole a tiny bit oversize. - I would do this regardless of how I planned on finishing the hole, you can always put a bit of tape around the endpin jack to fill up the space. I once managed to tear out the thin plastic wedge in the end of a cheap guitar while cutting an endpin hole, so I'm now cautious about such things. And I too have suffered from jumping dremels.